PDA

View Full Version : Number

Steve37
07-03-12, 21:28
Do you have a number that you stick to? Mine is 3.

rock chick
08-03-12, 05:47
Actually I'm more about avoiding certain numbers, you mentioned 3, that's one of them, I don't like the idea of doing something 3 times only in one day and will generally freak out if I don't do it at least a 4th for example.

But as to needing to do something for example a certain number of times in general, not that I can recall.

crystal17
09-03-12, 09:50
Yeah same here, I have 'wrong' numbers that freak me out and 3 and 6 are bad and can't stand either of them. The best one is 17 :) No idea why. And I've never told anyone this before either lol...

jca
09-03-12, 21:16
I do everything in 8's. But when I am focusing on a date, a phone number, an address, or something, I manipulate the numbers with equations to make what ever it is equal 3 somehow. Then, I am shocked, like it is some kind of phenomenon... like I didn't make it happen, but like it was meant to happen. And odd numbers are bad... especially 3, but I am still drawn to it. I don't get me.

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

OH my goodness. I think it's working! I've been worrying about my counting and obsessive thoughts about numbers ever since I started on my meds.... I think I'm losing it. I mean, I think it's fading. Odd numbers were good, now they're bad? It was like I didn't know for sure... then I couldn't remember, then didn't really care (when reading my post in my head). I don't know if I am extremely excited about losing something I've held on to for so many years, but I do look forward to one day feeling more free. I can't wait to tell my doctor.