PDA

View Full Version : Yes citalopram again!

Two heads
25-06-06, 20:29
I have been taking citalopram for three and a half months and up entill 2wks ago all so i have been feeling rubbish once again!Im on 15mg and upping this to 20mg tomorrow.
Any ideas why it may not be working?
Do you think maybe its because im on a low dose still?I have no side affects all anything like that ,im just on edge again and i had a panick attack when i was out last night.I keep getting those horrible waves again and they really p..ss me off.I was just starting to think i had almost beat this monster.Anyone else had these probs with this med?
Thanksxxx

Daisybun
25-06-06, 21:18
Hi Two heads, i took this 4 years ago as you know, it took a month to kick in but i was on 20mg a day right from the word go.. don't know if that helps you.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Two heads
26-06-06, 09:26
Thanks fpr your reply daisybun!You always manage to reply with kind words.Im about to take 20mg now as i think maybe i have just been putting it off, as i really dont liketaking meds anyway and was trying to stay on as low dose as possible.I will let you no how i get onxxxxxxxxx

polly daydream
26-06-06, 13:23
Hi two heads, I am on 5mg at the mo and am upping it to 10mg tues, I will gradually up it to 20mg but like you hate taking meds, but if needs must we may need to up our meds wether we like it or not. You are not alone.

Best wishes,

Polly

Daisybun
27-06-06, 21:34
Hi all went back on citalopram today, 10mg, so we'll see what happens.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Two heads
28-06-06, 09:34
Good luck daisybun!
You will be fine,just try an ignore any side affectsxxx

Daisybun
28-06-06, 13:23
Thanks, felt a bit shakey this morning but not too bad now! dry throat as well interesting but nothing major. i got rid of the leaflet, didn't want to read it as I knew I'd have all of them lol

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

polly daydream
28-06-06, 15:29
Hi Daisybun, hope you ok, we all know how difficult it is starting on a med. I upped mine this week, not to bad so far.

Best wishes,

Polly

Two heads
28-06-06, 18:19
owe good daisybun,sounds like you are doing ok so far!Just stick with it.
Glad youe still ok polly,hopefully we will all get there in the endxxxxxxx

Daisybun
30-06-06, 09:08
Well three days in and boy, i feel yuck, anxiety and pretty depressed too. I hate these first few weeks, it makes you feel so much worse. Tummy has settled a bit but throat is burning. Hopefully that willpass!

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Two heads
30-06-06, 18:45
Your doing well daisybun so dont give up!They are all side affects as you no so they will go sweet.They are so scarey to start with but you will get there in the endxxxxxxxxx

Daisybun
30-06-06, 19:57
Thanks Two Heads, you are so encouraging, better day today, symptoms seem to be easing, haven't needed the loo as much lol. I am very shakey still, and had a bit of panic pm but OK now. Just have to keep going!!! Thanks for all your support people

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'