PDA

View Full Version : How do I stop?

Katie*
08-03-12, 09:16
Every day I tell myself: NO MORE GOOGLE!! It's making me miserable. I know I have anxiety, I know I have HA. But the tiny voice in my head is saying: "well, you could still have MS. Easily. What do you think all the buzzing is?" And I just know I wouldn't be able to deal with that. To have a real reason to worry even more. I'm terrified and I'm sick of it. I don't even care (that much) about dying or being in a wheelchair anymore, but I don't want to end up as an empty shell like I've seen someone with MS do. :scared15: It scared me so much.

Oh well, hopefully the phychiatrist will give me some pills today. These thoughts are not productive and I really need to stop. But how? If I could, I would.

Worriedgirl87
08-03-12, 09:54
I'm going through the same
Thing.

I have so many symptoms.
I'm scared.

Its. 4 am
And I haven't slept yet .

I'm
Constantly scared.

I hate anxiety and I hate google

pearl79
08-03-12, 10:35
google is my worse night mare...... i google my symptoms... CANCER CANCER CANCER!!! i go to my doctors.... they tell me im fine.... i ust dont get it..... why are docs never worried???

CANT STOP GOOGLING!!!!!

Beyonderz
08-03-12, 10:41
Hey Katie, you can try playing a computer game or check for something else when you are about to google a symptom, can be a good start really. I used to google symptoms a lot but I noticed it only did things worse and it increased the level of my Anxiety Disorder also.

So now, even though I work with computer mostly, I NEVER VISIT DR GOOGLE!! - for symptoms...

You can do it too. When you start doing it you will see the difference. Think like this, there are still so many illness out there which you probably can't even pronounce the latin names :) and you have no clue about their symptoms. Sometimes not knowing anything is the best thing.

Always think a couple of times before writing in search box and click. If you have worries ask a real dr instead, the chance of real ones making a mistake is a lot less than those with possibly wrong info on the internet.
Feel well soon.

Sazziesaz
08-03-12, 16:54
I agree, I NEVER google, it is the worse thing to do!! When I am bad I pop on this websites and look at posts that have the same sympton as me, but please try not to google it is the worst thing ever and all leads to the same thing!! x

Mountainclimber
08-03-12, 17:09
Rather google medical prognoses, google how to be happy and positive.:)