PDA

View Full Version : Day 15 Sertraline

vetran32
08-03-12, 09:22
Hi everyone thought id post an update like i said i would on day 15 had a few better days untill yesterday now feeling bad again.Had bad anxiety last couple of days,early morning wakening,irrational thinking alot of the things i had before i first started the tablets.Going to persevere for a couple more weeks before i write these tablets off going to go back to doctors and ask about upping to 100mg to see if that helps.Will keep you all posted think i will be having another couple of weeks of work.Going to give it a few more weeks if still not right will have to go back on seroxat because despite the controversy around it has kept me well,working,functioning in the past.Do these tablets realy take that long to work??? thought i would be feeling some success by now :D

ems73
08-03-12, 10:20
Hi Vetran, I've been reading your other posts and interested to hear your updates. I think I'm a bit further on than you, its 5 weeks now. I definitely feel the effects but then I keep having a down day. Anxiety not disappeared yet.

I have read before that Sertraline in particular can take a while to work. I'm going to stick it out for a good 8 weeks before I decide as Citalopram didn't work this time and I'm scared of trying Prozac again.

With work, I actually find it's helpful to get back into your routine. Woud it be better to get going back out of the way so you don't have that hanging over you? Obviously it's a lot to cope with at once but once you've dealt with the initial having to see everyone again, it might help to have a routine.

vetran32
08-03-12, 10:42
Thanks Emma i will return when im up to it because i know it will definately help but i would have to feel a bit better than i do at the moment was okay a few days ago then had panics/anxiety again.What dosage of sertraline do you take?? were you on any antidepressants before?? cheers Karl :D

LAURA48
08-03-12, 10:56
Hi Karl - they take time to work - I know from experience Prozac took around 6-8 weeks - SSRIs do not work quick - you probably need to go up to 100mg - I am on 50mg as been breaking in half but will go up to 100mg in a couple of weeks. Dr said 50mg is not high enough and it needs to be 100mg! but just don't want intial start up effects hence 50mg.

Don't give up Karl as they are meant to be good and there is no guarantee Seroxat will work second time around - like Prozac with me.

Good Luck - Laura

vetran32
08-03-12, 11:01
Thankyou Laura thats realy nice of you to reply im going to stick it out and go up to 100mg and see what happens.I think its because the only antidepressant i took before was seroxat and started feeling better within a week or two so will have to be patient with this one. Keep me udated how you are doing with the Sertraline take care Karl :yesyes:

ems73
08-03-12, 17:03
Me too Vetran, the first time I went on an SSRI was Prozac 5 years ago. It worked within days! Massive relief. came off after a year. Then tried to go back on, didn't work, switched to Citalopram, again worked within days, was fine on it for several years. Bad decision again to come off as tried to go back on Citalopram and didn't work, hence why I'm trying Sertraline. I upped the dose to 100mg on Monday so day 4 of that today.

I know exactly how you feel because I was expecting it to work really fast again like before, but maybe things are just different this time and people do say it can take ages.

I feel OK today. I can feel I'm fragile underneath though. I would say give it longer this time to be sure, you don't want to abandon Sertraline then try Seroxat again and realise that's not working 2nd time round and wish you'd given Sertraline a proper chance. You could always up it to 100mg and give it a couple more weeks.