PDA

View Full Version : Really bad back pain

miss_moose
08-03-12, 10:52
I'm so upset, Moose is in bed off nights so i cant disturb him. Yesterday I woke up with really bad back pain, across and between my shoulderblades, it eased off as the day went on but moved further down.
And today it's agony again all accross the middle of my back, It keeps going into spasm, i cant breath properly because of the pain amd i'm a loss of what to do.
Oridinerally I'd go to the doctors, but i havent been to the surgery for nearly 11 years because of my panic, last time i tried i was so sick.
I have a hot water bottle on it and i know it's usually alot worse in the morning, it happened about a month ago when we stayed in a hotel, and a few weeks before that and it did sort it's self out but now it's back again. I assumed i'd pulled a muscle or it was the matress' fault but now i'm not so sure, It hurts more if I stretch or bend which made me think it was muscular but it's not in the same place, yesterday it started at my should blades and by the evening it was at the bottom of my back.

Any advice, reassurance would be great.
Thank you

pearl79
08-03-12, 10:54
sounds very similar to what my mum had over christmas, she said it took her breathe away.... she was in agony and couldnt move much, all over her back hurt.... she didnt go to the docs buts it eased within 3 days .... she just took plenty of pain relief!! xxx

hope you feel well soon x

miss_moose
08-03-12, 11:02
Thank you Pearl. Did you Mum get a sudden freeze up? I've just had one now where i moved and then I just couldnt breathe or move because of the pain. I'm so so scared and upset

pearl79
08-03-12, 11:11
yes she did, definately, she hates to sit still but every now and again she would be like 'ahhh' and be stuck in a weird postition. she was really uncomfortable for a few days.... but slowly it eased..

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

she was really worried about what it was but she was determind to give it a few days in stead of rushing to the docs, but like i said it eased... so she never bothered going, Have you done any thing like lifting etc yesterday? she helped me lift a few bags of shopping the day before but she was like no way would that cause what she went thru....
take some pain relief xxxxx

miss_moose
08-03-12, 11:19
Thank you so much for your reassurance, i've had it before and it's always cleared up by it's self. I'm trying to keep calm as my anxiety makes my back hurt and cease up too.

It started yesterday morning, the only thing I can think of is that I did a bit of exercise a few days before that but only about 5 minutes where I did side steps while swinging my arms to the side.
The last time it was really bad I had been playing on the Wii, so maybe I just pull muscle really easily as i'm not used to the exercise?

pearl79
08-03-12, 11:23
thats it your rationalizing now!!! :) very much musular......

i pulled a muscle in my chest once... could barely breathe or move.... so muscles play havoc in our anxieties.... feel better soon xxxxxx

miss_moose
08-03-12, 11:29
Yeah when it spasms or pulls i can feel it in my chest too.

You've really helped me to calm down and be reassured:hugs:

pearl79
08-03-12, 11:37
well i can only go by what ive expierenced, and i cant see you to tell what it is, but from what you have described, its sounds blooody similar!!! :) youll be fine!!! xxx <3

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

i glad you feel better, its nice to know your not alone in all this XXX