PDA

View Full Version : Learning how to cope with your panic attacks and situations to avoid

fearful
08-03-12, 13:40
I was beginning to overcome panic attacks but the stress of today has brought a very bad panic. A good night's sleep is essential so that you have the strength to face the next day. Good food , little and often, will keep your blood sugar levels up. Many people especially husbands and partners can throw you off balance by unkind and sympathetic remarks, they have no idea of how we suffer and can be very insensitive.

nomorepanic
08-03-12, 13:41
Hi fearful

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

suzy-sue
09-03-12, 00:23
Hi and :welcome:to NMP ..Im sure you will find plenty of help and support here ..Sue x

paulwojnicki
15-03-12, 23:45
I completely agree about the food, little and often helps keep the blood sugar level and really makes a difference, I've found myself panicking from low blood sugar many times and partly believe that this is how it all started.

As for situations to avoid, DON'T avoid situations!!! You will only make it worse in the long run. I believe the self help books refer to this as "adding up avoidance" and if anything is to be avoided it is avoidance.

Trust me, the very thought of going to the supermarket used to fill me with dread and many times I ran out of ASDA half way through a shop (no not because of the prices). This was completely the wrong thing to do, I was allowing fear to control me. I eventually realised that I HAD to stick it out, no matter how uncomfortable it got (and it got very uncomfortable). Little by little I built up the confidence to go to the supermarket again and now I have no problems whatsoever with the place.

Do not avoid situations if you want to get better. Confront them, feel the fear and do it anyway. It's the only solution in the long run.

Good luck

Pipkin
16-03-12, 06:35
A big, warm :welcome: to NMP

Pip x