PDA

View Full Version : On the verge of an Attack!

clairey76
26-06-06, 01:32
Hi, I know its late 1.25am to be exact! but I went to bed as ususal and felt fine but woke up about an hour ago feeling really sick. As I lay there the more I thought about it the more I was winding myself up, in the end I havent been able to get myself back off to sleep because everytime I closed my eyes I felt as if I was going to swallow my tongue. It has subsided a bit now but im also having hot flushes, too scared to go back to bed at the moment just incase it goes into a full blown panic attack! I have work in the morning and just know i'm going to feel like crap!

Southern_Belle
26-06-06, 01:38
Hi,

I know the attacks at night are the absolute worst. I'm glad you are feeling somewhat better. Try eating just a tiny bit and playing some soft music and maybe then you can relax and go back to bed, plus always remember to breathe. If you want, please pm me and we can chat.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

clairey76
26-06-06, 01:49
Hi,
Thanks for your kind words, feeling a bit better but still getting the hot flushes and I can feel my heart racing a bit. I find that watching tv for a bit takes my mind off it, but I dont think my other half appreciates it being on at this time of the morning! I find it really difficult to explain to him that I sometimes feel like I'm not going to wake up because he has never experienced a panic attack.
Claire x

Daisybun
26-06-06, 10:17
Hi Claire, hope you were able to relax enough to get some sleep. I know how it feels to wake up and your mind to be filled with negative thoughts racing around, not nice. Hope you feel better now and were able to get to work OK

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Paddington
26-06-06, 13:46
hi Claire,the old saying 'and the darkest hour is just before dawn' comes to mind..and it is true and horrid to have panics at night .It is harderr to distractyoursef i think.So i use breathing exercises and lavender oil,and maybe a bit of rescue remedy for good measure!!!!Hope you feein better hun.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

hayles
26-06-06, 14:17
Hope you are feeling better this morning, and not
too exhausted at work x

Hay x

emma chant
26-06-06, 17:27
HI claire, hope your feeling better.
With love and best wishesxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

e chant

chucklehound
26-06-06, 17:52
Hi Claire, hope you are feeling better now:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

clairey76
26-06-06, 19:51
Thank you everyone for your kind messages! Did manage to make it to work ok even though I was very tired, I hope I can get a good nights sleep tonight!
Thank you.
Claire x