PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety bad at moment

mandshere2000
08-03-12, 17:49
Hi to everyone hope you all doing okIs there anyone out there who can help/advise I've been on Prozac for 20 years on/off and at the moment on 40 mgs daily have been for 5 yrs now it's just my anxiety seems to be back and it's quite bad especially before a period just wondering if there's and medication I can ask doctor for due to see him tomorrow that I can take for the anxiety have has Valium but only only 15 tablets that lasted me weeks cos only took when really needed to but I know doctor won't give me anymore Valium anyway he said it was only for the short term and ifbim truthful I don't want anymore anyway my mother was addicted to these for 30 yrs so if anyone can suggest a medication for anxiety than can be taken alongside Prozac please let me know. Manda xx

Stormsky
08-03-12, 17:50
hi
i read this article recently;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-518669/Anti-depressants-taken-thousands-Brits-NOT-work-major-new-study-reveals.html

bignik
08-03-12, 17:52
perhaps beta blockers would help you on the physical side of things if you have palpitations sweaty hands etc , failing that perhaps ask to seek to speak to a pyscgiatrist and he maybe offer an alternative like chlorpromazine which in small doses very good for anxiety without the addictiveness

mandshere2000
08-03-12, 17:57
Hi storm Thank you do much for your reply, i will have a read of this now
Manda xx

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Thanks bignik will ask the doctor tomorrow

Stormsky
08-03-12, 18:00
Manda... i was on meds for 9yrs... apparently my anti-d's were nicknamed the 'dirty drug' as they didnt care what part of the brain they affected !!.. been off them 7 months and doing the exercise route! im glad to be off them, they never did much to help me...and at least im 'awake' more now!!

kittikat
08-03-12, 18:27
hi
i read this article recently;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-518669/Anti-depressants-taken-thousands-Brits-NOT-work-major-new-study-reveals.html

A very interesting read Stormsky, I had an awful time on SSRI's and refused to take them after my GP repeatedly tried to tell me they were the only thing that would help my anxiety/panic. I must admit though that I am on Diazepam which has really helped in times of severe distress. Thankfully for me, my GP listened and will prescribe it. I know many doctors who will not. Hats off to you for ditching the meds, that must have been a difficult thing to do and yet you always sound so positive and offer inspiring advice to others. Kitti x

Stormsky
08-03-12, 20:02
awwww thanks kitti xxxx