PDA

View Full Version : I want to cry x

ZD
08-03-12, 22:55
Got my X-ray results today , I have constructive airways disease , with emphysema on
Lung , I want to cry my heart out I have never been so fed up
In such a long time , I m so down I really cannot understand why every thing happens to me , I want to hide under a big stone where all the illnesses and grief and life's stresses can't find me .

Zoe.

nomorepanic
08-03-12, 22:58
Hi Zoe

Sorry to hear this. I am not really sure what it all means as I don't know much about it but wanted to send you a HUG anyway

carefree68
08-03-12, 23:07
Oh Zoe,
Poor you thats horrible, Not sure of your symptoms, and have not heard of your disease. I hope you can get the help you need.:hugs:

ZD
08-03-12, 23:22
Basically the airways are narrowed and will do so as I get older if I m not careful , it means I live with a permanent cough , sorry guys I need to go I can't deal with this now

nomorepanic
08-03-12, 23:44
Is this COPD then?

I read a bit about it and as long as you stop smoking you can get it under control. Not sure if you smoke or not sorry.

People can live with it though it seems

I know you are scared at the moment but that is the shock and in time you will learn to live with it and I am sure there is some treatment that helps relieve the symptoms

carefree68
08-03-12, 23:51
I know you are not in a good place right now, upset.

Don't know enough to give advice but agree with Nicola.

Good Luck Hun

blue moon
08-03-12, 23:57
Hi Zoe,Sorry to hear your news just want to send you love and my thoughts with you.
Love Petra xx:flowers:

ZD
09-03-12, 00:01
Thank you all yes that's what they have said nicola I gave up smoking 9 weeks ago and from that day on I coughed and coughed and felt so Ill. Not had one since , you have made me feel so much better bless you xxxxxx

nomorepanic
09-03-12, 00:02
I don't want to make this post about me Zoe but I felt the same when I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease which is incurable and then after the heart attack I was told that I had heart failure and obviously would never recover from that either.

It is scarey and upsetting but then I turned it around and make the most of the life I have.

We are all here to help and support you ok xx

nomorepanic
09-03-12, 00:04
Well done on giving up smoking - that is fantastic.

I know someone on here that has COPD as well but will see if they are willing to talk to you about it before I say who it is.

ZD
09-03-12, 08:29
Thanks Nicola for your kindness and support

Zoe
Xxxxx

K1rsty
09-03-12, 09:17
Hi Zoe,

So sorry to hear you are going through this :flowers: Thinking of you and sending hugs :bighug1:
Well done on giving up smoking - that is fantastic as it is I know it is really hard to do do. Be proud that you have done this as it will help your chest so much. Take care
Kirsty xxx

nomorepanic
09-03-12, 14:30
How are you today Zoe?

What is the plan of action and treatment now for you?

littleredhen
09-03-12, 14:41
Sorry to hear you are feeling so rough and low.:hugs:

Google for 'salt caves' and salt therapy. There are places you can go and sit - literally a salt cave. It's brilliant for COPD and asthma. And EVER SO calming and relaxing.

Here's the one I go to:

http://www.saltcave.co.uk/