PDA

View Full Version : changed meds

laalaa78
09-03-12, 12:01
hi all :D

well not been on here for a long time :blush: found it again though and hope it helps me out a little :yesyes:
well been suffering panic & anxiety which over the years has now caused agoraphobia and depression!! i think all these horrible illnesses seem to go hand in hand!!
been taking citalopram for about 3 years felt a little better at 1st but have just gradually got even worse than i was before taking them!! anyway got them changed this week to FLUOXETINE 20mg stopped the citalopram on tuesday and not to start the fluox til monday, my heads buzzing and light headed cos so used to taking the citalopram!! :( and really anxious about starting the fluoxetine has anyone took fluoxetine for similar symptoms? please only tell me of positive experiences as when i hear bad things it stops me taking meds!!
thanks for listening :yesyes:

laalaa78
10-03-12, 18:43
hi surely someone on here has some advice please?? not took ma citalopram since tuesday and really edgy and lightheaded!! and really anxious to start the fluoxetine!! please any advice?

erin31
10-03-12, 19:02
Hi. I really can't help you about changing med's as I have not done so but I do know a lot of people have had success with fluoxetine. Like yourself I have been put off taking medication because I have read about all the negative effects of these drugs but what we forget is that million's of people take these drugs succesfully. The daft thing is I have taken medication for other problems apart from depression/anxiety and it never occurs to me to research the side effects of these yet when it come's to anti depressants I can't stop searching the internet for side effects. I took effexor for many years and although I had terrible side effects towards the end of my treatment, to begin with I had none at all yet if I had read all the horrible reports on the internet before taking it I would never of touched it.
I hope someone can give you some advice on changing over. :hugs:

pinkdove
10-03-12, 19:55
hi laalaa, just seen your post, you will be suffering some withdrawal symptoms from stopping the citalopram, the good news is when you start your other med things should even out a bit for you.

i stopped cit, and went on to venalfaxine,although i just stopped cit one day and started ven the next, i did get some side effects from stopping the cit, but the good news is they passed.

what you are feeling is quite normal, and will pass, try not to worry to much, and i hope your new med works for you and ypu feel better soon xx

Stormsky
10-03-12, 20:06
Meds didnt make me feel better... so dont take them anymore....
Article i read recently said meds are not proven to actually help most who take them... not great to hear...but for me i found that to be true.
I hope you have better luck with your meds though...

laalaa78
10-03-12, 20:37
thank you all so much for taking the time to reply to my post it truly means a lot :yesyes:

didnt have any side effects starting the citalopram but a few coming off them :ohmy: been light headed and quite sicky feeling but may just be the anxiety of starting the fluoxetine (which i prob have read too much about!!!) meant to start the fluox on monday but going to start tommorow (sunday)bugger it lol onwards and upwards cant feel as bad as am feelin rite now or as low as av been for the past 6 months :blush: xxxx

pinkdove
10-03-12, 20:39
good luck with it, i hope it works for you xx

erin31
10-03-12, 20:46
Please keep us updated with how you get on :)

laalaa78
10-03-12, 21:00
thank you so much i will keep this updated as much as poss. will start them tommorow and see how a get on not gonna dwell on side effects as a done that with the citalopram then had none thank god but i do think we bring on a lot of the side effects ourselves by waiting and looking for them to happen, which is obv part of this crappy illness, am gonna try positive thinkin and try not to dwell on the negatives i need to get better for myself and for my 2 kids... fingers crossed xxxx