PDA

View Full Version : misssed heartbeats

cathycrumble
09-03-12, 13:58
I am getting missed heartbeats while taking sertraline is anyone else?

Cathy xx

alfredo1
09-03-12, 14:52
yes i get that too Cathy. I don't think anything to worry about. How are you getting on apart from that? How long you been on them again?

I;m seeing no improvement. I'm towards the end of week 2 of 100mg. Still feeling so depressed. I was ok at the weekend, but seem to have dipped :-(
:lac:

cathycrumble
09-03-12, 15:02
8 days on 50mg and 7 days on a 100mg. So 15 days all together. Still feeling yuk I have just had a shower to liven me up I need to move off this couch. What do you do to keep busy? It is hard when you feel depressed and full of fear. I have read these are good but take a while to work.

Cathy xx

It makes me feel a bit better knowing I am not the only one suffering these missed heartbeats thanks. not that I want you to have them lol

alfredo1
09-03-12, 15:45
Hi Cathy, i'm a full time PA in Mayfair!! Not sure how i've held my job down over the past 4 months! My bout of depression has been triggered by a relationship and break up that happened last year. My low self esteem rocketed when we were together - must admit he was a handful and very, well unhinged himself. Anyway, we split up back in December and since then, i've dipped into an awful depression. I'm going to try and do some exercise this wekeend as that helps. I went through depression 4 years ago, i was not working then and I went stir crazy! Have you tried a yoga DVD, meditation etc. I know that sometimes when you feel so low, all you want to do is wallow - its hard to get out that hold once you are in it. Do you live with family??

cathycrumble
09-03-12, 16:08
Things change for me in sep 2010 lots infact I live with my son now but I had a marriage break up I wanted it as he was mentally abusive I lost my job because of being off I ended up in hospital with a bad water infection I blame the citalopram for that I weed blood. I was in a car crash on my way to work. and I think its all been too much for me and to top it all I was told my blood pressur was a bit high and that is my big fear. I cant seem to stope worrying about my bp although last reading was 128/80 but I have really bad white coat syndrome I am having CBT for it As I have to get past this fear. I have a new partner who live in yorkshire but I have no self asteem at the moment I need to get a job and sort myself out.

My 2 daughters have their own flats now so I miss them and they are worried about me as I am so full of fun and now I am not.

I know it must be hard for you. Especially if you didnt want to break up.

Let's hope we get through this with the help of sirt

Cathy xx

alfredo1
09-03-12, 16:27
God, well it sounds like you’ve been through enough for anyone to cope with Cathy.

Once you get back on your feet, I think finding a job and finding yourself again will help you. It will give you a purpose and a focus.

I hate my job, although I’m lucky that I have it and I really don’t want to jeopardise it in any way, or else that’s just a recipe for disaster as I have a mortgage on my own! I’m just hoping the meds will kick in soon…………!

It’s been a roller coaster since starting the sert. One minute I feel ok then bang, I feel at rock bottom again. Yesterday I had the worst anxiety but felt quite chirpy, now today, I feel so depressed! I can’t seem to win.

Are you on meds for your blood pressure too Cathy? I just had to look up white coat syndrome. Well, at least you know that your readings are higher due to your anxiety. Easier said than done, but look how many people have high blood pressure, so many. It’s so hard when you have GAD to switch that brain off isn’t it. Well I just hope that the sert kicks in soon for us both so we can get back to our old selves. I would be nice to belly laugh again…..God I can’t wait for that!!!

cathycrumble
09-03-12, 16:35
Yes I thought that a good belly laugh and to enjoy my time with my new man I had to come home last sat because I was so bad with anxiety and sickness it was the pits. I dont want to lose him.

Once you're better you will enjoy your job more or maybe look for somthing else when you feel upto it.

Let's home we get there.

Yes I take on tablet for my bp. And that is what makes me so angry is that there are so many people with blood pressure and they accept it why can't I? I have spoilt my life in the last 18 months because of this fear.

Cathy xx