PDA

View Full Version : Tingly crawling feeling in chest

Floridagirl
09-03-12, 14:27
Hi

Have been feeling very odd for a week now since the sudden collapse and death of a work colleague in the workplace. Saw gp yesterday and he says that all my feelings are anxiety stress related. Today I have the weirdest tingly crawly sensation in my chest as if a battalion on ants are marching around inside me - do others get this?

I hate feeling this way,

Thank you for reading this x

emmalrob
09-03-12, 14:35
Hello,

I get allsorts of pain, spasms, aches and other weird unexplainable sensations in my chest.

It sounds very much like anxiety. I have suffered for 6 years now and I'm not on medication but taking each day.

I know friends who have gone through a bouts of anxiety and then it has gone away, so my advise would be if this if the first time you have suffered from this type of thing, quickly take your mind of it, tell yourself the doc wouldn't turn you away if it was something serious.

Also do a some breathing techniques from the diaphragm slowly this should help as generally the pains and sensations are all due to irregular breathing that you don't even realise your doing.

I hope this helps

Anxious_gal
09-03-12, 14:49
I had a crawling sensation inside my chest for a few days after a panic attack.
It's just your nerves going a bit odd n causing strange sensations .

Floridagirl
09-03-12, 14:52
Thank you for responding!

I have suffered with anxiety previously but don't remember it feeling this strange. I am an anxious person generally and like to be in control of everything and always see the worst in any situation. When I saw the gp he has suggested that he will refer for some counselling as I have suffered over a number of years on and off, after my last major attack I was able to come out of it after some life coaching sessions.

Gp also did full bloods and there is nothing abnormal (I'm 49 btw).

I know that it is anxiety and I will get over it, I'm trying to keep busy to keep my mind occupied. The worst time is the middle of the night.

Best wishes

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

I had a crawling sensation inside my chest for a few days after a panic attack.
It's just your nerves going a bit odd n causing strange sensations .

This is really useful to know, thank you x