PDA

View Full Version : me again

Tessie28
08-05-04, 11:33
really good day yesterday - wrist doctor really pleased so far [do it again next week]. went out for a walk, watched telly felt normal. then bang back to square 1 with another lousy night [expected] followed by bad day [this far and not expected].
was i expecting too much after feeling so much better yesterday? need to get my positive mindset back - any ideas??????

tess

sarah
08-05-04, 14:41
Hiya Tess

Im a firm believer in the fact that after I have a really good day and am feeling a lot more positive, im slapped back down the next. I think this is because you work yourself up so much to do the challenge you set yourself that when its over you relax and it hits you.

Dont worry too much, its totally normal and just a blip on your road to recovery.

As has been suggested on here..write yourself a diary to see if you can identify patterns or if you dont want to do that just write down each time you have a good day so you can look back and see that you can do things and are getting better.

I do this and looking back my first things on my list were walking 5 houses up the road or managing housework. Sounds daft but now my good things are going to a nightclub, driving 50 miles from home and getting on a plane!!!!! so from this I can see my progress. Give it a try..its good to look back..it makes you feel a lot better!!!

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Meg
08-05-04, 18:10
H Tess,

2 steps forwards and one back.

As Sarah says its very normal to have a disappointing day after one full of achievements. Often I have found that as we get better our expectations change quicker than our progress. On the basis of one day I would consider myself 'much improved ' only to have a day the next day where I was convinced it wa sall going back to square 1 - but it never did.

I found that I started to spring back much quicker and then continued up the improvement route - so do not measure on the amount of good days but the intensity of the bad days got less and less.

The journal is a tried and tested progress chart as well as freeing up some emotional stuff.

Is pinning your wrist still an option being considered ?

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

Tessie28
08-05-04, 19:09
hi meg,

yes it is still an option but under block. however, the x ray was good - i wonder if i was so relieved yesterday it gave me a high and then perhaps the prospect still being there pushed me back? i don't know if i said but our son is out of the country at present [in usa] for the first time - he went the day i did this. although i've spoken to him and he will be back this time next week i wonder if that has played a part? i have been very low today and a real doom head as well as the racing heart.:(
on the plus side my wrist has felt the best so far today and i did force myself into a short walk [not alone] and i did manage an hour's nod this afternoon[|)]. i'd love to get to my nephew's christening tomorrow but i'm not putting any pressure on myself.

thanks once again for your support,

tess