PDA

View Full Version : Peppermint Tea And Its Relaxing Properties

robocop192
10-03-12, 09:04
An article I read about the soothing and healing effects of peppermint tea. I started drinking it a few days ago (anout 4 cups a day) and its really helped with my bloated stomach. I also felt I was coming down with flu but I feel a lot better this morning. Could be coincidence but def worth a try. It is good for headaches too especially in oil form!

http://www.teabenefits.com/herbal-tea-benefits/peppermint-tea-benefits.html

swiffer61
10-03-12, 11:42
I have to agree here! Since getting into a really rough patch with my anxiety over the past few months, I have cut out a lot of caffeine (only drink a cup of coffee in the weekends, or when hubby is home) and replaced it with peppermint tea. I also drink about 4 cups a day, and find that it can be really soothing to both mind and body.

Definitely also recommend this to IBS sufferers!

robocop192
10-03-12, 13:52
I suffer IBS on occasion so can highly recommend!

Sabre
10-03-12, 17:27
Hi Guys i read this article and also on your recommendations i went to tecos and bought myself some peppermint tea!
Just going to make myself a cup in a min:), i noticed you have both wrote you have 4 cups a day, as i have never tried any flavour tea before i am just wandering is 4 cups a day the best for you and should it be taken at specific times like just before bed or anything like that?
Thanks Rob

robocop192
10-03-12, 17:53
Hi Sabre I have just started recently drinking it myself. I usually have one at break fast then 11 ish lunch and after dinner. I am not sure there is any set time but it does seem to settle the stomach so maybe after meals if you have a bad tummy. If not anytime is good!