PDA

View Full Version : advice plz feeling constipated but doing soft poo :S

sherwooder
10-03-12, 10:03
hi anybody whose reading this im new at this.

so here we go i keep feeling achy and heavy and tight like i have got a stuck poo but when i do go its not hard its really soft. its only hard to actually get myself to poo if that makes any sense.

spoke to pharmacy yesterday and they said u cant take any constipation things because u r pooing and that u shud be fine but im not enjoying the aching so is there any reasonn why this is happening????

p.s i think my anxiety and worrying doesnt help the matter and i have a couple of tests and appt coming up at the dentist could this be contributing to the ache?

any help much obliged :)

Beyonderz
10-03-12, 10:43
Hey there, I usually have the same thing. It's most probably related to your diet. Try to consume more fiber food. You may also have IBS, which is totally harmless but quite annoying. You can get info about IBS from the menu at left side of the page.

Anxiety doesn't help, yes! Actually it makes abdominal pain, excessive gas and bowel movements worse. I get softer poo when I get anxious or panicky. It's a natural reaction of the body.

So I think there is nothing to worry about.

sherwooder
10-03-12, 11:06
thank you beyonderz for ur reply. :)

i think thinking about it and worrying makes it worse as ive not been thinking bout for a little while now and not had that much pain at from it really.

so have to think less lol

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

can u recommend any good tasting fibre foods as i eat apples and best of both bread and whole grain pasta.

i have tried figs and prunes and something else i cant remeber right now but there all horrible.

any ideas??

swiffer61
10-03-12, 12:15
Hiya,

I can totally relate to this, and I agree with Beyonderz that it may most likely be down to your diet or even IBS (I'm a sufferer of IBS, unfortunately).

Following a diet that IBS sufferers use may help you out a bit, and if not, it could at least be worth a try. Make sure to get enough Soluble fiber in your diet (ie. rice, pasta/noodles, oatmeal, rice cereals, Fresh white breads (like French bread or sourdough), potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, bananas, applesauce, mangoes, papayas, etc, and try to eat these types of things first before chowing down on things with Insoluble fiber like many veggies and fruits, seeds and nuts. One thing I know is to never eat Insoluble fiber first and on an empty stomach.

If you are interested, I know a great website for IBS diet and recipes:

http://www.helpforibs.com/

Best of luck, hope you feel better soon!

Take care!

sherwooder
10-03-12, 18:18
thanks swiffer61 its the second time this aching has happened week after period.

i do tend to have a banana as my breakfast or a sandwich as im not much of a cereal person.

i shall check out the website too.

Beyonderz
10-03-12, 23:33
I recommend you to have a vegetable rich diet. Of course eating high fiber wheat products are fine but they can make you constipated also.

I know vegetables don't taste as good but prefer fiber rich ones like brussels sprout, broccoli, spinach and lettuce (all salad types).

Feel well soon.

Pipkin
10-03-12, 23:42
Hi there,

I try to eat quite a high fibre diet and go for all-bran for breakfast, plenty of fruit and green veg and also prune juice which doesn't taste great but really gets the bowels moving (sorry if tmi!).

Pip x

haz
11-03-12, 00:37
I take "Fybogel". You can buy it over counter. Quite natural (I think?) and gentle but it works.

Haz. :)