PDA

View Full Version : So worried, so scared

guiltyw
10-03-12, 17:00
Hi all,

I felt a lump in my breast a couple of weeks ago, right near the armpit, freaking out that it is a lymph node, and that I have got the big C, and its spread. I was obsessively checking it about 20 times a day, in the end I thought I need to get it checked.

So saw a breast consultant on Thursday, who said he could feel something 'bobbly', so I had an ultrasound there and then.

The outcome from the scan was inflamed breast tissue, they weren't sure what from, but don't seem to think it is sinister and to come back in 6 weeks for another scan.

Six weeks, I am going out of my mind, not able to function properly.

I am thinking that the inflammation may settle, and when I go back in 6 weeks, the scan will show something horrible.

Also what could have caused inflamed breast tissue, surely prodding it wouldnt have caused that.

PLEASE PLEASE has anybody got any idea what it could be or had something similar happen. Is it normal to be able to feel lymph nodes in armpit.

I am petrified.

Thanks

guiltyw

paul80
11-01-14, 17:30
Hi guiltyw, I'm a man, but I can talk about lymph nodes. It's very common to feel them; it's usually a sign that your body is fighting an infection. I caught a nasty bug on holiday years ago and the lymph nodes under my armpits swelled to the size of large grapes - they also hurt to touch. But the infection went and so did the swelling. The fact that your doctor wasn't concerned, I hope gives you some ressurance.

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

Opps. Just realised I answered a very old query!

Cags48
11-01-14, 17:56
Maybe mastitis I had it years ago ...... Big hug