PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really down

ZD
10-03-12, 17:08
I all , don't know how long it's crept up and smacked me in the face the all time depression , feel really numb , just don't know what I want at the moment , life seems so boring and nothing can lift my mood , just don't want to see people I want to be on my own , I ve just thrown myself in to work but when i step outside I take the mask off and down I go. Some times I feel so lonely I only have my dad as my mum passed away , it's like no one cares any more just feel yuck today ,don't even want to eat . This is me today I ve not been like this for a long time and it amazes me how quick it catches you by surprises . One bored depressed lonely lady needs a hug from some
One who understands xxxx
Zoe xx

theharvestmouse
10-03-12, 17:21
Hi, that makes 2 of us then, I'm having a bad day as well. I know how you feel, the loneliness is horrible, gets to me as much as anxiety does. We just have to keep going, please make sure you eat even if you don't feel like it because you will not feel any better for not eating. Tomorrow is another day and it can't be as bad as this one!

:hugs:

bignik
10-03-12, 17:25
Hi, that makes 2 of us then, I'm having a bad day as well. I know how you feel, the loneliness is horrible, gets to me as much as anxiety does. We just have to keep going, please make sure you eat even if you don't feel like it because you will not feel any better for not eating. Tomorrow is another day and it can't be as bad as this one!

:hugs:

there bet you feel better already harvestmouse :)

Hi Zoe , sorry your feeling down , like mentioned above , you just got to keep plodding on , tomorrow is another day and it might just be so different after a good nights sleep

wishing you both well

snowgoose
10-03-12, 18:34
Hi Zoe
here have a hug :hugs:
so sorry you feel low and lonely..........it is awful feeling . But we are here and understand .

You have had some difficult times re your Copd diagnosis .
No wonder you feel low after waiting for results and all that stress and then being told that you have this .
Add stopping smoking recently to the mix which is fab !!!!
But that also is added stress big time .

I want to reassure you that your lung capacity will improve even more now that you have stopped .
best pro active thing you could ever do Zoe :yesyes:

Be proud of that achievement . I know how damn hard it is to quit as do others here .

I guess you have every reason to feel low today given your health worry and quit from smoking .

can only say as I did to Harvestmouse that let this day go now.
tomorrow is another day and you are doing fine .
lots of reasons to feel down that dont mean that you are slipping into depression again my love .

take care and huge congrats on quitting .
hope you are rewarding yourself with little treats .

you are not alone here :bighug1:
snow x

ZD
10-03-12, 19:19
Bless you snow it's nice to know people care , you ve made me want to cry with your warm kind words and understanding , copd is scary and I m scared half of me thinks my
Mum misses me so she helps me get to heaven quicker . I don't know much about copd or life expectancy and I m scared for the future , is it not bad enough I can't have children that I have to have copd as well am
I that bad a person ..xxx
Zoe big hug for you too xx

snowgoose
10-03-12, 19:30
hello Zoe

of course you are not a bad person .......tell that thought to go shoo !!
You are scared and naturally down and upset :hugs:

What has your doctor recommended for you and are you going to see chest physician for care ?
It is not a death sentence love honest and lots of treatment out there to help .
You mention not having children and losing your mum .
A lot to grieve over .is this recent ?

sorry Zoe .....just read your previous post and read you lost baby . so so sorry xxxxx

snow x

Ingenious
11-03-12, 10:05
This is me today I ve not been like this for a long time and it amazes me how quick it catches you by surprises .

It amazes me too. I know those of us who fight depression feel it in different ways, but one of the characteristics of mine was the way it hit me from nowhere. In my mood diary I used the word "mugged" a lot - my life is great and then bang, it is like being hit over the head with a mallet. The good news though and I hope this applies to you, is dips that came on quickly like this for me, were also short lived. So, if it helps, try and keep it in perspective: It's just a dip, your mind and body are maybe needing some rest - in a few days you should start to brighten up.

Also, I'd like to re-quote your own words again:

I ve not been like this for a long time

That's a positive thing and keep this in mind. Give yourself some credit for being well for so long :)

StormKitten_1
15-03-12, 10:57
I all , don't know how long it's crept up and smacked me in the face the all time depression , feel really numb , just don't know what I want at the moment , life seems so boring and nothing can lift my mood , just don't want to see people I want to be on my own , I ve just thrown myself in to work but when i step outside I take the mask off and down I go. Some times I feel so lonely I only have my dad as my mum passed away , it's like no one cares any more just feel yuck today ,don't even want to eat . This is me today I ve not been like this for a long time and it amazes me how quick it catches you by surprises . One bored depressed lonely lady needs a hug from some
One who understands xxxx
Zoe xx

*hugs* ... i know the feeling well. Im a 'clingy' type of girl who loves talking to others, but often loves to be on my own. The only person I can tolerate being around for long periods is my boyfriend but that was causing problems on the relationship as we never got separate space so we split up and we're now trying again lol.
I dont have any family support. My auntie and cousin try to help but often i'm unable to contact them when I really need to talk, making them 'useless' in a way. My few friends cant be there for me in a hurry due to work or their own issues or just not answering messages etc. One close friend who lives near me, has a major crush on me and as much as I know he doesnt mean any harm, sadly he makes things awkward for me especially now that im back with my partner.

In the end I feel alone and almost lost. I've got to fight to be in the mood for anything anymore, often feeling like giving up because I cant see my future or know what I want in life etc. Sometimes I wonder what the point of fighting is when the world is the way it is.....
The only thing that really keeps me going atm, is my partner. Fighting for us to be together properly again. With him, I'll know I have a future. Without him, all I can see is a black hole.

There are thousands out there *hugs* and many of us know what your going through so its a good thing to turn to websites like this. I found it by pure chance and just started this morning. I already feel better reading some of the posts and commenting.

Good luck chick, hope you feel better soon. Remember, doctors are a good friend to have. I'm currently trying therapy and so far so good ^^