PDA

View Full Version : Im New.

iNeverSayNever
10-03-12, 19:04
As you can see by the title, i am new to this website.. I don't even think if i should be here or not, but its worth a try right?
I am 20 years old, suffering with depression and i get days where i just want to end it all. Where i wish i was somebody else, somebody who can smile or just be happy.. Sometimes i even wonder if this is karma getting it's own back on me. Maybe it is?
I've had depression for the last year or so, i know its a young age to get depression but it kinda happened all to fast. Everything for the past few years just feel apart, my mum suffered from cancer, i pretend to be someone else online, my dad drunk so much one night that i became scared of him & everything around me just fell to pieces, i couldn't cope. I started self harming and thinking suicidual thoughts .. To be honest, i kinda hoped this year would be different, but it seems like i am repeating 2011 over and over. I try to keep positive, but it fails.
So what i am asking is, does depression get better? That is all i want to know to be honest, cause at the moment it feels like i am forever stuck in hell.

Stormsky
10-03-12, 19:16
Yes you can cure yourself of depression, and without meds! there are excellent websites ive seen... i suffer mild depression, and dont take meds...
Exercise is excellent for feeling better...as it gives you good endorphins which improve mood...youve heard of the 'runners high' expression..... look up certain feel good foods too...
see below- and also just google how to beat depression, and lots of sites come up...
http://www.thinkyourselfhappy.co.uk/index.html

pinkdove
10-03-12, 21:04
hi and :welcome: to nmp, i,m so sorry you are having such a bad time just now.

have you spoke to your gp ? if you are clinically depressed you need to seek proper help, andthis may include meds, i had clinical depression, which is a chemical imbalance, and can be sorted out with the proper help.

the only person to help you properly is your gp, please go and see them, you have been through so much, and so young, don't be scared to go, especially if you are having intrusive thoughts, there is help out there, and you are not alone here xx :hugs:

carefree68
10-03-12, 22:29
Hello Sorry You are having a rough time. :welcome:
I agree with pink dove. People on here are very supportive and its great to share and talk, but ultimately you must see your GP and get some professional advice.
:hugs: You don't have to feel this way.

Pipkin
10-03-12, 22:36
A big, warm :welcome: to NMP

Pip x

iNeverSayNever
02-06-12, 18:00
Thank you all so much, you made me feel so welcome. I've gone back to the Doctors, i am new receiving professional help from Health In Mind team, they've so far helped me alot. Only problem is, my anxiety levels are just all over the place. I can't even be in a crowded shop without panicking :) Just hoping someday something will help & i will get thou this. x