PDA

View Full Version : cervical cancer.... worries!! confused!!

pearl79
11-03-12, 00:36
I really wanna know what the deal is with cervical cancer!!! I've been with my boyfriend for years.. we have 2 kids. what's the likeness of my getting it? my last two smears were normal... last one was a year ago...
I admit in my younger years I had a few partners... does that mean I could still get it from then? am 32 now.... or would it have already turned to abnormal cells by now?
please please... think about how you answer... my anxiety is sky high...

nomorepanic
11-03-12, 00:44
Pearl

We can't really answer this as you know cos there is no way of knowing who gets it and why

All I can say is that constantly worrying about it and getting stressed and anxious is not good for your general health and well being and I think you need to address the underlying problem of the HA here and not the worries of cancer.

pearl79
11-03-12, 00:49
I know I do nicola ... am tryin... things are just a bit rubbish at home and my anxiety just gets worse and cervical cancer is one I get really worried about!! x

pearl79
11-03-12, 19:35
ive just started the pill, and have read that the pill increases the risk of cervical cancer..... how is that? xx am really concerned if to carry on taking it or not :(

Stormsky
11-03-12, 19:49
I wouldnt worry, your smears are the first port of call, and they are all clear... any abnormal bleeding can be a sign... so if you bled after sex, or any spotting between periods,,, those sort of things need to be reported to your gp... but you have nothing to worry about id say.... i had cin3 cell changes at my smear about 15 yrs ago, and had a colposcopy, and been fine since...so if im not worried when ive had cell changes then you shouldnt!

pearl79
11-03-12, 20:25
I had my last smear last year which was normal but I'm frightened it was wrong cuz the nurse struggled to get to my cervix. so it's always played my mind. I have had spotting between periods for a few months now.. but my doc says is hormonal. I've had my cervix checked by 3 docs and been put on microgynon to stop spotting. but I missed a pill and ended up spotting for 9 days . so I don't know if its my spotting or the pill. so am still so frightened I may still have it :-(

Stormsky
11-03-12, 20:35
You can always request another smear

pearl79
11-03-12, 20:38
my doctor said it will be rejected due to only having one last year and it was normal. I looked up at the cornish private hospitals and they are a hundred pounds.. way too much for me xx

Stormsky
11-03-12, 20:40
if you told your gp you were bleeding and your worried, then they would have to

pearl79
11-03-12, 20:50
I've told my gp and other gps but they say its not usual cervical cancer bleeding.. they say its a pattern every month.. virtually the same time every month for a week. they are also aware of my severe anxiety:-( may have to pay for one last.. other wise ill go mental......

RosieXXX
11-03-12, 20:51
Hello Pearl,

The great thing about smears is they detect abnormalities, which can easily be dealt with long before they become a problem; your smears have come back normal which is good news and you can rest assured that since your last one was only a year ago you have nothing to concern yourself about.

Try to recognise these worries as nothing more than health anxiety. I do know how difficult it is to shift the fear once it has set in. Remind yourself you have had regular smears, and they have come back perfectly normal, and as long as you continue to have regular smears your cervical health is being taken care of. In this way you can feel that you are in control and have taken the necessary steps to make sure all is well. :hugs:

Stormsky
11-03-12, 20:52
i meant if you lied and told them your bleeding after sex or something, then theyd have to do one...not that im suggesting lying is good!

RosieXXX
11-03-12, 21:02
Hello Pearl,

If your last smear hadn't been taken properly they wouldn't have had enough cells on the slide to examine, and you would have been called back to have it done again, so I am certain the one you had a year back was accurate.:hugs:

pearl79
11-03-12, 21:07
thank you so much... I am greatly reassured xxxx much love