PDA

View Full Version : Atos esa report just lies

little kyle
11-03-12, 08:52
Has anyone here on esa had a medical report done where the man or women has not write down what you are saying and just put BS

basicly to make a long storie sort.... i see and hear things that are not there and i have well server panic attacks i was stamented in school and still am with learnng difficulties.... ADHD DEPRESSION ect and the man from atos never put it down

and he said i can watch tv for hours wrong i have adhd and cant stay still for a second im allways moving about

and he said i can use public transpport wrong again i just have panic attacks

and he even knows how i got to my medical my mum took me in her car

macc noodle
11-03-12, 09:08
Get an advocate via CAB (citizens advice bureau) and ask them to help you file an appeal.

Then, make sure that all your medical records are included plus the school record - are you on meds now?

Problem is Little Kyle is that there are literally thousands and thousands of people claiming ESA that are not really ill and they are, sadly, using mental health issues as an excuse to get the money. Therefore, the people employed by ATOS seem to tend to take a "one size fits all" approach to it.

Good news is that, I believe, a very high percentage of appeals are successful (but then maybe this is because ATOS get paid a success rate for every ESA claimant that they deem fit for work, irrespective of whether or not an appeal is launched after the report is filed - mad eh???)

And, by the way, Little Kyle just because you have suffered ADHD and have learning difficulties does not mean that you have to spend your life on benefits - you should see if there are any training schemes aimed specifically at sufferers like you.

A family member of mine was medicated throughout their school life on Ritalin and struggled to learn at school. Yet they have never signed on and taken benefits from the system because they were able to get a job in a fast food outlet for a start and now is training to be a plasterer.

Good luck with the appeal

ShazyA
11-03-12, 09:26
Hi Littlekile you are not alone here my hubby is going tru the same thing at the moment (he has epilepsy and requires supervision, our GP has said he is unfit to work and he attends the neurologist frequently) but on attending the ESA medical in January they say he is fit for work. We are still going tru the appeal process two months on. But hang in there and fight your case. It annoys me that addicts/alcoholics and the like with self inflicted "illnesses" are automatically entitled to these benefits and genuine people are being targeted. I know the stress is difficult to cope with and hope you get things sorted.

macc noodle
11-03-12, 10:42
Hi Littlekile you are not alone here my hubby is going tru the same thing at the moment (he has epilepsy and requires supervision, our GP has said he is unfit to work and he attends the neurologist frequently) but on attending the ESA medical in January they say he is fit for work. We are still going tru the appeal process two months on. But hang in there and fight your case. It annoys me that addicts/alcoholics and the like with self inflicted "illnesses" are automatically entitled to these benefits and genuine people are being targeted. I know the stress is difficult to cope with and hope you get things sorted.

Just wanted to say good luck with the appeal - it is wrong that genuine claimants are being targetted but unfortunately this approach that ATOS are taking does seem to be working in weeding out the not so genuine appeals (which i guess is what we all want really to make sure that the money goes where it is needed).

Hopefully you are still getting your benefit now that you have filed an appeal and that you are getting good advocacy from CAB or a solicitor who can fight your corner with the aid of your doctor's reports and recommendations.

Good luck hon.

ShazyA
11-03-12, 14:50
Just wanted to say good luck with the appeal - it is wrong that genuine claimants are being targetted but unfortunately this approach that ATOS are taking does seem to be working in weeding out the not so genuine appeals (which i guess is what we all want really to make sure that the money goes where it is needed).

Hopefully you are still getting your benefit now that you have filed an appeal and that you are getting good advocacy from CAB or a solicitor who can fight your corner with the aid of your doctor's reports and recommendations.

Good luck hon.
Thank you... yes we have takem legal advice and hopefully will have the right outcome.
I understand they have a job to do and that only genuine cases should receive such benefits.