PDA

View Full Version : crackles when i exhale very loud

GirlAfraid23
11-03-12, 14:50
The chest infection still hasn't passed and the crackles are louder than ever when I exhale.
The only sound to describe it is like velcro or bubblewrap popping for an extended period of time.
It only seems to happen when i exhale.
My chest is congested and feels heavy.
I find it diffucult to shift the phlegm.
Do you think this is something more serious?

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

Can someone help?? It's still there. Just to add it seems loudest when I'm sitting or laying

swgrl09
11-03-12, 15:22
Are you on any antibiotics? I would try some mucinex ... it thins your mucus and makes it easier to cough it out. The generic name is guafinesin i believe.

Ingenious
11-03-12, 15:40
What does/has your GP said about it? Have you been back to get it checked out?

GirlAfraid23
11-03-12, 16:06
What does/has your GP said about it? Have you been back to get it checked out?

I havent been back since I went last week and he gave me amoxillian. I'm on the final day of it tomorrow.
I can't go back this week because I cant really take anymore time off work. I might be able to go Tuesday but can't be sure yet.
Since last week my temperature has gone down & my aches and pains have also gone.
Now im left with this chest which is uncomfortable and phlegmy.
I'm more worried about it being an underlying lung issue or that my immune system is low cos of cancer (ovarian I'm convinced! - docs say im too young)
Is this normal for a 22 yr old? Should I be hearing that rattling?
I'm a non smoker btw but I used to smoke socially until about a year ago.

Ingenious
11-03-12, 17:33
I'm afraid you won't be able to get a diagnosis from a forum like this, whilst I'd hope it's unlikely to be anything serious the only person who can actually check you is your GP. In the meantime by guessing what it can be or looking up symptoms on Google you run the risk of worrying yourself senseless. For example, on what grounds can you possibly be concerned it is ovarian cancer rather than just a chest infection that is hanging around? If you are not better when your medication runs out go and see your GP - no excuses :)