PDA

View Full Version : I'm not normal

miss polly
11-03-12, 12:21
My son and his lovely girlfriend recently announced they were having a baby. Wonderful news! So why was my first feeling one of dread and a sinking feeling in my stomach? My first thought was oh no another person to love and worry about. I already have 2 grandchildren and I spend my love knotted in anxiety about them. All the health worries that I went through with my own children ~ menangitis, leukemia etc etc I now go through with my grandchildren (as well as worrying about my children, my husband and myself!) I'm so so sick of this permanent feeling of dread and worry about death and disease. I just want to be normal and enjoy my family and my life instead of being terrified of illness and death. I wonder what it feels like to be normal?

Em.ma
11-03-12, 14:08
this is very common for anxiety sufferers. you are normal. hope your getting help for anxiety.
congratulations on the news :)

swgrl09
11-03-12, 15:24
I was just thinking the same thing!! My sister just found out she's pregnant and I am terrified! I am so excited to have a niece/nephew but anxious about it's health, her pregnancy already. Because our mom has passed away, my other sister is moving across the country, it's me around to help her and go to appointments. I need to get this under control!

clear blue sky
11-03-12, 15:41
What is normal anyway? everyone is different. You just have higher levels of anxiety regarding health issues which isn't surprising considering what you have had to face before, Its only natural for you to feel concerned its just your feelings seem to be over powering. Have you ever had CBT??
Its really helpful in reducing anxiety and understanding that these feelings come from negative thinking and worry. You can train yourself to look to the positive in everything and realise although serious illness in life unfortunately does exist it doesn't fall on everyone and will not always turn out to be worst case scenario's.

enjoy your new grandchild and leave your fear behind.

best wishes
xx