PDA

View Full Version : A place to share with others who understand!

Fightergirl
11-03-12, 19:08
Hi everyone,

I'm 29 and have been battling with anxiety on and off for about 10 years. For a long time it went away and then suddenly came back about 18 months ago. I'm ok, it just frustrates me and is hard to share with my boyfriend, friends and family which is why I wanted to finally join NMP. I don't often have panic attacks but certain situations make me feel like I'm on the edge of one which is horrible. I suffer with derealisation a lot, walking through the city I work in, on public transport, sometimes even amongst my close friends or colleagues. I find it tiring and frustrating and almost feel like I'm going mad which I know is a symptom of anxiety disorder! The whole thing can leave me feeling very tired. My main anxiety comes from crowds, large open areas, public transport.

I've never taken medication or done CBT, and I just want to fight this myself, with support. I know it's not physical illness, I know it's anxiety but sometimes it takes over.

A little about my busy life. I work full time and am also a group exercise instructor and teach up to 30 people exercise classes several times a week - 99% I'm very comfortable doing that and youd never think im an anxiety sufferer but sometimes I stand there, and feell ahhhhhhhh I'm not here!! Does that make sense?

I joined NMP to be able talk to, share, help and be helped :-))

So hello all!

Ruth (fighter girl)
xx

nomorepanic
11-03-12, 19:09
Hi Fightergirl

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

william wallace
11-03-12, 19:23
Hi Ruth:welcome:

theharvestmouse
11-03-12, 19:29
Hi Ruth, Welcome.:)

angel wings
11-03-12, 19:32
hi ruth and:welcome:

kate89
11-03-12, 19:53