PDA

View Full Version : Constant muscle tension below ribs/upper abs

shellybear
11-03-12, 21:20
Hi

One thing I've noticed in my anxiety onset, is that I'm constantly having to consciously relax the abdomen muscles (at least the muscles in the upper abdomen region - right below my rib cage). My muscles in this area are now really sore, achy(when i sit up), uncomfortable and shaky when i try and relax them. I constantly think about this even though i know i shouldn't then it will probably disappear.

has anyone experienced the same with their HA?

Thanks x
Shelly:weep:

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

Anyone ?

Sabre
11-03-12, 21:22
Hi Shelly
I suffer with HA and ye sometimes i get this sympton, mine also shakes and i also get cramps and like a kicking sensation in the abdomen, also when the upper abdomen hurts, it feels like all the muscles inbetween my lower ribs hurt as well and then they tend to kick and get like a muscle twich!
Cant really offer any advice but i started drinking peppermint tea yesterday and i feel really fresh i have taken it maybe worth ago, just wanted to let you know that your not the only one who feels these symptons.
Rob x

shellybear
11-03-12, 21:35
Thank you Rob it's good to know i'm not alone makes me feel better i will try to ignore it hopefully it will go away i am very tense at the moment neck, shoulders and stomach. Will try some relaxation see if that helps. xxx

Katie*
11-03-12, 21:37
Yes, I get tension all over my body, especially in my cheeks, neck and lower back. Walking a lot helps.

shellybear
11-03-12, 21:40
Thank you katie just to know i'm not alone helps take care xxx

swgrl09
12-03-12, 13:48
I get this as well. Sometimes it helps when I pay closer attention to my posture and make sure I am sitting up straight.

Danii
12-03-12, 21:36
Thank you for posting ShellyBear. I get horrible tension in the same exact spot, it then triggers my shortness of breath. I have to conciously work to relax those muscles all the time, and it happens almost every morning because I tense up when I sleep.

You're not alone :)

shellybear
12-03-12, 21:38
Thank you danii i have found relaxation helpful and i'm trying to ignore it not been as bad today :)

jezza80
23-04-12, 17:48
hi i have the same thing i seem to lie on my left a lot ive heard this can cause this the only thing is i cant seem to relax ever it feel as though i have a knot under my ribs on right side which never seems to go away and keep thinking i have liver problems

miss sparkle
24-04-12, 22:10
exactly the same jezza.
i have had it for about a month. its like a constant stitch!