PDA

View Full Version : Oh no not again

Sophie123
11-03-12, 22:34
Hi All,

It is me again. I have currently been on Citalapram for about 8 weeks now. 2 weeks at 10mg and 6 weeks at 20mg. I have been doing ok (just having moments of anxiousness but nothing I cannot handle) anyway yesterday I forgot to take my tablet so I missed the dose and took my dose as normal today. I have been really anxious all evening and I keep getting really hot tingly rushes going through my body. I feel really scared and I am terrified to go to sleep. I am really tired at the moment and really not sleeping at night. I have a 2 year old son and he still wakes in the night.

Can anyone advise me or reassure me I am really frightened again!!!!:weep:

cathycrumble
11-03-12, 22:59
Please don't be it is just the meds it does take awhile to get into your system it took 3 months before i felt myself when I was on cit and those tingles are nothing to worry about in fact the more you worry the more you will notice them it is adrenaline I have it. just relax and accept them. as Dr Claire Weeks says face, accept, float and let time pass.

Cathy xx

Sophie123
11-03-12, 23:24
Thanks Cathy, I am feeling a bit better at the moment. Do you think it is because I am so tired at the moment??? I hate feeling so scared all the time.

soulcrosses
14-03-12, 00:52
Hey Sophie, how are you feeling now? I think the medication has a half life on 36hrs, so there would still have been some Citalopram in your system for sure. Although the medication works chemically to make you feel better, I believe a lot of this anxiousness you speak of is caused by the fact that you knew you hadn't taken your tablet, and so you're expecting the worst. Maybe a lot of what you're feeling is psychological. Try and occupy yourself with anything you find enjoyment in until your intake of Citalopram is restored! I hope you're doing well anyway! Remember: it's all in the mind :)

Mo B
14-03-12, 20:17
Hi Sophie.

I took Citalopram for two and a half years and it worked great for me on 20mg. In the first few weeks you do get like a chemical rush occasionally and I found if I got anxious this would happen then as well. It passes in time and doesnt get any worse. The best advise I can give you is just to go with it. It will be worth it in the end.

Sophie123
18-03-12, 20:19
Thanks all of you for your advice. I am feeling better just feel like my mind is racing a lot sometimes but I don't think that is the meds I think that it is because I have got a lot on my mind at the mo.

Thanks for all your advice and reassurance as always it is very much appreciated :yesyes: