PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy Phobia/stomach spasm

Phwoffy
12-03-12, 00:58
Hi guys,
I haven't been on for a while but you helped me out a lot last time I was having a HA bout so was hoping someone might have some comforting words.

Basically, I've had what I can only describe as a pregnancy phobia for years. And years. When I was 14 (long, long before I had sex I hasten to add) I used to convince myself that my irregular periods were the start of The Impossible Pregnancy (yes, I've been mad for that long!). Anyway...

I've been doing a lot of worrying about it recently. I sometimes get flutters in my stomach that could be gas or nerves or anything - I've had them for at least 6 months now but before that my head wasn't as flustered so could be before then. Today I had some sort of spasm in my stomach, just the once, like something poked it. I have, of course, convinced myself it was a kick.

I haven't missed a period, I've gained no weight and have absolutely no symptoms. I've taken a test and it's come back negative. This time, I am having sex but protected, although I'm not on the pill. I know it all sounds rather bizarre but I just wondered if anyone had had a similar sort of bump/spasm and could help put my mind at rest before I rush off to the doctor and try to explain this in some sort of coherency.

Thanks guys :)

Danii
12-03-12, 21:41
I get a lot of stuff moving in my stomach very far down every now and then. My DR told me it could just be air moving. It's very far down, between my hip bones. My sister has had 5 children, and personally she didnt feel any movement until atleast 3 months. I think you're good :)