PDA

View Full Version : I want work to sign me off with depression

GirlAfraid23
12-03-12, 09:36
How do I go about this?

I have never been signed off with it before so its all new. My employers know nothing about my mental state. I just feel I need time on my own and I'm in such a state this morning.

Please help.

pinkdove
12-03-12, 09:38
hi, sorry you are feeling so bad, make an appointment with your gp, and explain how you feel, they will sign you off work if that's what you need, and this will give you the time you need to recover. good luck xx

GirlAfraid23
12-03-12, 09:51
I need to go back anyway and ask him about my cough and was going to do that thursday.

Do you think I could do it at the same time?

I can't do it any other time, except perhaps tomorrow.

What happens when they sign me from work? do i still get paid?

Can I resign while im signed off?

I also dont want my employers to think badly of me.

pinkdove
12-03-12, 09:58
yes you can tell your gp on your appointment, whether you get full pay is a matter for your employers, do you have a contract you could look through, why resign when you are signed off, if you take the time to get better, you might not want to resign.

your employers wont think badly of you, there are plenty people need tome of work to recover from an illness, and most employers are really sympathetic.

it sounds to me as if you need some time off, speak to your gp, and take it from there. don't worry about anything else just now xx

GirlAfraid23
12-03-12, 11:03
the only thing I am worried about is that its a small team and if I'm signed off with depression they would have to find somebody to cover everytime.

I'm not sure what to do in this case as I don't think they wold be able to continue running the business with somebody missing.

I'm thinking about resigning altogether, how would this affect my references in the future?

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

anyone? im leaving for work in 20 minutes and I just want to run away from here and not come back

vetran32
12-03-12, 11:22
Hi im signed of at work at the moment and hate having to be of work but there are times you may need to for you to recover get better etc dont feel guilty about it if your ill your ill your doctor will be fine and sign you off :D