PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety with Dry Cough

Bradguin121
12-03-12, 11:41
Today I went doctors and was diagnosed with anxiety and apparently my dry cough that iv had for 3 months now is part of it...anyone had a cough for this long due to anxiety?

pinkdove
12-03-12, 12:10
yep i have had i dry tickly cough for month's, had a chest x ray, breathing tests all was fine, so i'm sure it's anxiety related. although i so smoke :blush:

charlotteAnne
12-03-12, 12:51
Im not saying it isnt a cough, but it sounds like you have a 'tick' cough, where the anxiety is making you feel you have to cough. Ive had this on and off for years. Try not to worry and trust your doctor.

Bradguin121
12-03-12, 14:23
Im not saying it isnt a cough, but it sounds like you have a 'tick' cough, where the anxiety is making you feel you have to cough. Ive had this on and off for years. Try not to worry and trust your doctor.

Yeah, It feels like I'm coughing for no actual reason. I'm not bringing up any phlegm or anything! Also it feels like the cough is coming from the back of my throat and not my lungs if you get what I mean? :roflmao:

charlotteAnne
12-03-12, 15:09
Its your anxiety. Try and forget about it, and not pay it any attention. Mine went away when i decided to care less about it x

PanchoGoz
12-03-12, 19:13
How interesting! I've had a tickly cough for quite a while now, only in the mornings usually or when I go to bed.

Bradguin121
12-03-12, 21:01
How interesting! I've had a tickly cough for quite a while now, only in the mornings usually or when I go to bed.

My cough seem's to occur more when im active than when im at rest. Im hoping its just to do with anxiety and nothing more serious!

lustyglaze
13-03-12, 12:57
I get the lump in throat senario, with can make you feel like coughing sometimes

Bradguin121
13-03-12, 16:34
Do any of you get random shooting pains in your chest/ heart even though you arent anxious or thinking about your anxiety? Because today I was doing a course at work and I got a sharp pain in my chest/ heart area for no reason. I hope this is just anxiety :(

haz
13-03-12, 16:46
Yes. I also have a "nervous" cough, it's really annoying.

Haz. :)

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Mine is worse at night when I go to bed. Keeps me awake, I suck mints to try and help. But I also have asthma. :)