PDA

View Full Version : Different brands

Kev707
12-03-12, 11:51
Hi folks iv been taking Effexor/ venlafaxine for the last 6 weeks 2 weeks On 37.5 and 4 weeks on 75mg my prescription has finished so iv just picked up my new one and noticed the capsules are made by a different company or something my last ones were alventa xl but this new ones are called rodomel xl I was just wondering if anyone has had the same and if there was any difference in changing brands just to try put my mind at rest thanks

pinkdove
12-03-12, 12:08
hi kev i take venlafaxine, but in tablet form, why not have a look through the ven thread, there are a lot of people using ven just now, i know it took about 4 weeks to kick in, then was increased to 2 x 37.5 am and 1 in the evening 2 weeks ago.

i find it is working quite well for me, i was on citalopram before that, but it just stopped working. hang on in there it's still early days xx

Pipkin
12-03-12, 22:15
Hi Kev,

This is just another brand of slow release capsule - you shouldn't notice any difference. I've been on a few different brands and they have all been exactly the same for me.

Pip x

lleksam
21-03-12, 22:37
The only difference from what I've been told is the bonding chemicals used (how the drug is held together) These can cause issues but its very uncommon.