PDA

View Full Version : booking blood tests, help needed

MissSunshine
12-03-12, 12:14
Just for peace of mind, its my own choice.
I would like a fall blood count done but what would i need to see if i have low blood sugar or diabetes? is it a separate blood test i need to have done?

I have just been feeling so weak lately i just want to put my mind at rest nothings up. This is a big step for me as i HATE needles and blood tests, I feel sick just thinking about going but i want to put my mind at rest that nothings wrong with me.

x

charlotteAnne
12-03-12, 12:16
a full blood count will pick up if anything is wrong within your body. It will show if anymore tests would be needed

pearl79
12-03-12, 12:41
charlotteanne is 100% right :) xx good luck xx

MissSunshine
12-03-12, 13:11
Thank you :) i will go ahead and book x

angel wings
12-03-12, 13:47
same hear hate needles but i had a full blood count done today and it wasn't too bad over in a minute now just waiting for the results !!!!!:)

macc noodle
12-03-12, 17:23
Just for peace of mind, its my own choice.
I would like a fall blood count done but what would i need to see if i have low blood sugar or diabetes? is it a separate blood test i need to have done?

I have just been feeling so weak lately i just want to put my mind at rest nothings up. This is a big step for me as i HATE needles and blood tests, I feel sick just thinking about going but i want to put my mind at rest that nothings wrong with me.

x

Miss Sunshine -go to your GP and tell them how you feel and let them decide which tests you need.

:hugs:

lilboops
12-03-12, 19:12
a full blood count will pick up if anything is wrong within your body. It will show if anymore tests would be needed

A full blood count just tests the blood, to make sure that blood counts are within normal ranges.

There is a separate test for blood sugar/diabetes, and one needs to fast for 12 hours prior to that. With that said, it's still one needle, they just use a different vial. :)

MissSunshine
13-03-12, 12:30
Thanks for the advice i thought there was a separate test, and thats along time to fast!

I will got to my gp and see what they say
good luck angels wings!

pearl79
13-03-12, 12:46
sorry i didnt make myself clearer.... when i say to my doc can i have full bloods, he does everything diabetes, colesteral inflamation xxx

lilboops
13-03-12, 21:01
Thanks for the advice i thought there was a separate test, and thats along time to fast!

I will got to my gp and see what they say
good luck angels wings!

Not really too bad for fasting, actually...Just schedule the appointment for first thing in the morning. :)

babycakes979
13-03-12, 23:10
Miss sunshine .

I have diabetes type2 .im sure ur be fine ,there are a lot more symptoms to diabetes then feeling tired Hun .
I went to docs back in 2007 because I felt I'll all time ,had constant thrush to the point I was crying with pain EVERY time I went to wee as it hurt so much .
I couldn't stay awake the second I sat down I was sleep , I kept jumping awake at night .
The list is endless lol , try not to worry Hun ,it will all be fine .

I live with my diabetes very well and have adjusted to life with it :)
Let us know how u get on xxx