PDA

View Full Version : Doctor says I have pleural rub?

daisycake
12-03-12, 13:01
What does that mean? Was up at surgery this morning with chest pain and breathing issues and she's diagnosed me with an infection in my chest. Said while she was listening to my breathing, it sounded like crunching snow which google says is called pleural rub and is usually a sign of a blood clot, or pneumonia or pleurisy? Says I have a fever as well, have been told to try and relax and if need be - if I am still sore tonight - they can give me codeine for sleep. Haven't actually been diagnosed as unwell in quite a while so am quite scared, especially over the funny breathing thing, anyone know what it means?

pearl79
12-03-12, 13:14
did the doctor tell you you had Pleural rub?? or are you diagnosing your self? (which you know is a big fat no no!!!)

venusbluejeans
12-03-12, 14:54
she's diagnosed me with an infection in my chest. Said while she was listening to my breathing, it sounded like crunching snow which google says is called pleural rub

your thread title is quite misleading as from what you have said your Doctor did not diagnose you as having 'Pleural rub' you have visited Dr Google and you diagnosed yourself.

The doctor diagnosed you with a chest infection and it was you that then diagnosed yourself with other things by googling your symptoms which then gives/gave you the worst possible senarios.

best thing to do is to not visit Dr Google and listen to the doctor otherwise you are going to worry yourself and start panicking

Carys
12-03-12, 15:43
Can I refer you to your own statement at the bottom of your posts...

What you fear in your head is not always true

Your doctor would know if you had any of the awful things you are imagining.

daisycake
12-03-12, 19:46
Not completely diagnosing myself - she said it was a symptom of the membranes around my lungs being inflamed and rubbing together on breathing; which when I looked up (for info on how to get rid of the soreness), said was pleural rub. Turns out I do have pleurisy but that pleurisy is just side effect of whatever infection I had, I've now been given codeine.