PDA

View Full Version : tight chest ?????

angel wings
12-03-12, 14:39
Hi
Was wondering if anyone had any advice tips or just been through the same....I Have had this crushing pain like someone has sat on my chest which also goes down my left side ....sometimes the pain feels stronger than other times but has been there constantly for over a week now its making me feel weird and anxious i have been to the drs and although he said he didn't think it was any thing bad he would have an ECG done which im having on Friday just want it to go away as it seems to be stopping my progress at the min....

angel xx

lisad1977
13-03-12, 16:53
i get this every day. i have ambulance out all time cuz it scares me.

kittikat
13-03-12, 22:27
Hi Angel, I think it's probably just down to the anxiety hun. i get this alot, in the early days ended up calling 999, ambulance to A&E etc. just like lisad1977. I learned to accept it was part of my anxiety. I had a bad PA last week and the heaviness and pain in my chest was really scarey and lasted well into the next day. Try not to worry about your ECG, I am sure everything will be fine. Big hugs :hugs: thinking of you....let us know how you get on. Kitti xx

angel wings
13-03-12, 22:38
thanks lisa and kitti

such a pain i used to get it alot... done the a & e too:blush: but havent had it for a while and it just cropped up again, i have stopped amitryptline 12 days ago so thought it may be withdrawals kicking in and been given bisoprolol but to scared to take it :doh:
just sets you back a bit !!! will let you know how i get on

angel xx

kittikat
13-03-12, 22:55
I take bisoprolol 10mg, had no probs at all with it....deff worth a try :)

angel wings
13-03-12, 23:00
yes think im going to give it a go hes only given me the 1.25mg as he knows i worry about side effects :wacko:
probley try it at the weekend so my hubby will be around just in case !!!...if i can put up with my chest until then !!!

kittikat
13-03-12, 23:28
Good idea...I usually do that if I have been prescribed anything new...keep the other half on alert lol, and end up not taking it at the last minute, I'm such a wuss :doh:.
Good luck, you'll be fine xx

angel wings
14-03-12, 10:12
me too had cit for 3 months before i took it such a chicken !!!!:) xx

angel wings
18-03-12, 20:06
well i took the beta blocker this morning and didnt really effect me much just felt a bit dizzy also got a banging headache still got chest pains though do they work instantly or a they a slow build up drug ????

Tufty
18-03-12, 21:41
Hi there, I started Propanolol 40mg three times a day on Thursday and they seemed to make a small difference immediately. They took away some of the chest tightness/pain and palpitations and I haven't felt faint either. I know they're doing something cos I exercise and monitor my pulse rate and it can't go above 90 now - when it was at 140 when exercising, but I feel OK.
Saying that, they're not magic I still feel anxious and having to work hard to keep the panic at bay but it's defo better. I can tell when the next one's due too as the anxiety increases
Hopes this helps
sam

angel wings
18-03-12, 22:04
thanks sam i wasnt sure but have still been getting pains on and off today it is a low dose though see how it goes tommorrow :)

kittikat
18-03-12, 23:22
Hi Angel, yes, you are on a very low dose and you may need to chat with your doc if you are not feeling any relief. But well done for taking it :) keep at it, you may feel a little dizzy but this will pass. Hugs :hugs: Kitti x

angel wings
19-03-12, 19:18
thanks kitti

i woke up with a rash all over my chest this morning so i haven't taken it today lol feel like an idiot but not sure if it is the tablets, so going to drs on weds :doh:

kittikat
19-03-12, 19:48
Oh no :ohmy: best to get it checked out then. As I said, I never had any probs with them, just a little dizzy & tired (nothing new there lol) at the beginning. Been on them about 6 yrs now. Hope you are OK. Try not to worry too much, don't want to push the anxiety up :) Let me know how you get on xx

angel wings
19-03-12, 19:53
I know if its not one thing its another but i actually haven't felt to bad today well for a few hours anyway better than nothing though lol hope you are ok !!!