PDA

View Full Version : ERYTHROPHOBIA

MoonLight
27-06-06, 00:20
Hi, I´m MoonLight. My problem is erythophobia, fear of blushing[:I]. It´s a really stupid and emarrassing phobia. I´n not shy, but when I find myself in certain situations i can´t contol it. the funny thing is that i´m not embarrasses by the situation but by the thought of someone thinking that i´m embarressed which makes me blush and when i feel it comming on i get more embarressed and o blush more. This stupid thing started around January this year. I´ve been trying to control it. I´d really like to talk to someone about this.

MoonLight
27-06-06, 18:26
Hi out there, nobody has answerd me yet. I sure hope there are other people who understand this blushing problem. It would be nice to talk to someone about it. maybe it sounds like a not so important phobia, but beleve me it can be so devistating and depressing that it can interfere whith your normal life, holding you back at work, social events and in many situations.

eeyorelover
27-06-06, 18:53
Hi Moonlight and welcome to the site :)
I'm sure that there are people on here that have the same fear as you. Sometimes it just takes a few days to get replies because there are so many posts to read.
But in the meantime I thought I would just say welcome :)

MoonLight
30-06-06, 00:34
Hi eeyorelover, thanks for answering. Yea I guess you are right. thanks again.

chucklehound
30-06-06, 08:40
Hi Moonlight and welcome to the forum

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

MoonLight
01-07-06, 00:33
Hi Chuckle
Thank you. You now, I feel a lot better after looking around in this forum . I didn´t know there wew so many people with social anxiety and phobias. I dont enjoy the fact that other people have problem, but it does make me feel better that i´m not alone on this.

MoonLight
01-07-06, 01:28
Hi Chuckle
Thank you. You now, I feel a lot better after looking around in this forum . I didn´t know there wew so many people with social anxiety and phobias. I dont enjoy the fact that other people have problem, but it does make me feel better that i´m not alone on this.

strawberrie
03-07-06, 13:47
hi moonlight, welcome to the forum. i wonder if you did not get too many people replying because lots of people (myself included) didnt know what erythophobia is, i never knew there was a name for fear of blushing!

well, i have suffered from this, although it has been more a part of my anxiety, rather than a phobia on its own. i had it really badly at work, i think because i had a particular incident when someone drew everyone's attention to me going red - ugh, why do people do that??? it definitely became much worse after that.

i know how debilitating it can be, i became really conscious of saying anything that drew any attention to me for fear of blushing, which was horrible because i felt like i was holding back on everything i wanted to say, and was not really able to show my real personality.

i had hypnotherapy a few years ago, because i was finding some social situations really difficult, and we spent some of the time concentrating on blushing, and i definitely think it helped, ive only had a couple of incidents of blushing since, and i think the less episodes you have, the less you worry about it. It's certainly not a big issue for me at the moment. However, i have yet to see how i would be in the workplace as i am a stay at home mum at the moment.

I also know of 2 other people who have this problem to the point that it stops them from doing things they want to do, so its definitely quite a common problem, its just something people dont tend to talk about i guess.

anyway, you will get lots of support and help here, good luck,
mag

angie789
31-10-06, 17:43
hi moonlight, you are not alone. I too have this problem. I remember when i was 12, my friends would tease me about a guy that i had like. As i stood there embarrassed , they noticed that my face was turnig red. I was humilated but couldnt understand why i was blushing. From that moment on, the fear of blushing took over my life. I'm always thinking that people are judging me all the time which makes it worse, also stress and constant worrying get the best of me. I do get depress but not fall into depression. I do have a boyfriend who's supportive of me but doesnt quite understand what i'm going through. I tell him i get nervous around people but never said that i have a fear of blushing because i dont want him to observe me. There are times when his family invite us to go out or simply have dinner i would be the first to say no. He would make up lies like " oh we're too tired to go or we already ate ". It really breaks my heart knowing i distanced myself from everybody - even worst dragging my boyfriend along. I really dont want to be this way but i dont know what to do. So thats my story