PDA

View Full Version : taken another 100mg by mistake.....

xhyperyogix
12-03-12, 22:22
I'm so stupid. just going to bed and its a temazepam night so i went to take one of them, but somehow got the sert out and took that instead - even as far as to take the one marked Tuesday!! It's not even bloody Tuesday yet. So today I took 100mg in the morning and another 100mg just now. Oh and i took a temazepam too.

Anyone else done something so silly and was OK. Maybe I'll just be really happy tomorrow lol!!
:wacko:
Yogi xx

rock chick
13-03-12, 02:15
I've done things just as stupid and once I didn't even realise it, I ended up taking a few extra Xanax, now that sounds strange because how can you make such an obvious mistake? I dunno, they're really small and when they're in a bottle you could end up with more than one at a time in your hand and not realise it I guess, just an example that these sort of mistakes are all that unheard of.

Then there's times I've simply forgotten I've already taken a pill and take another later because I thought I hadn't taken it (I don't mark any but this is rare so I often don't feel the need to).

Basically if you're tired or really anxious or even just have your mind really occupied your memory and concentration can really suck and basically don't feel stupid about it, just try and be more careful obviously from now on.

As for how your body will feel with an extra 100mg of the drug in your system, that is something that time will tell because no persons experiences with the drug are totally the same but I will say not to be too worried, it's not such a big increase that it'd likely cause any major harm, most likely you'd just get a side effect(s) and it needn't even be something that bad.

xhyperyogix
13-03-12, 15:08
hey rock, thanks for your response - ha ha few extra xanax... now you'd notice that!!

I was fine actually, so took my usual 100mg this morning too, and I'm gonna check those names on the boxes more carefully!!

xxxx

haz
13-03-12, 17:10
I keep my Zopiclone in a different cupboard now. Had it in my mouth, but thankfully hadn't swallowed one morning!

I've got a "system". Open drawer, take pill, put on worktop. I take four different tablets in the morning and it's easy to get mixed up if your tired and/or distracted by something.

Haz. :)

xhyperyogix
13-03-12, 17:25
that system is a good idea. I may put them on different shelves of the bedside cabinet. I keep them all there, otherwise I'd never take any of it at the right times.

xxxx

Ingenious
13-03-12, 22:35
I had to buy a pill box with the days of the week on. I was forever taking a tablet then wondering, did I take my tablet earlier, you kind of go on autopilot don't you? :)

rock chick
14-03-12, 02:58
Probably the reason I handle not generally stuffing up taking pills is because the ones I take daily have become so ingrained as to when I take them, so then it becomes like second nature but I am not a very organized person so the bottles and boxes of them are kinda nearby but not in a very neat way.

LAURA48
14-03-12, 07:56
Hi - very very easy to do - agree with Ingenious - I have a 7 day pill box - because you do go on autopilot and it's easy to do - hope you're ok Yogi - Laura x

xhyperyogix
14-03-12, 14:24
ooo pill boxes may be the way forward I guess. My sert ones actually have the days printed on the blister packs to help you out, and I still amnaged to get it wrong... doh!!

I'm actually fine though and no harm done so not to worry. Think I just went a bit more hyper but that's all ok with me atm. Tummy keeps gurgling though which has been embarrassing today. Keep having to tell people how hungery i ma, even if I'm not!

Funny that we've all done the same thing!!

Love to you all, xxxx