PDA

View Full Version : smear test conerns

sahara
12-03-12, 22:55
I am still waiting on my most recent smear, but I am worried as my previous one was taken a year early and when I went the nurse said that they would most prob throw it away and I would never know. Anyway 6 weeks passed and I heard nothing do phoned my gp and he said he had the results in a week after my smear was taken and they where fine although he was suprised they were that quick. I feel after what was said to me I can't trust them and maybe they made up the results. I am going out of my mind with worry about this smear as its only my third and I am 34. I was too scared before becuase of my HA someone reassure me pls

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

They would throw it away as I was a year early I should have said

shellybear
12-03-12, 23:02
Hi Sahara
They wouldn't throw it away i'm sure i was having yearly smears after having a bad one then treatment but i should have only had yearly smears for 2 years i ended up having 5 before anyone noticed but they still tested them and i got the results the lab wouldn't throw a test away as they would be unaware that it was a year early. If your concerned asked to see your medical records you are entitled to do this.

sahara
13-03-12, 09:21
thank you, that horrid nurse has caused me so much anxiety with what she said, although I can't deny Iwouldn't be anxious she has made it worse. People shouldn't be so quick to judge as I had only just lost my Mum to cancer at the time as well :weep:

pearl79
13-03-12, 09:53
my last one i asked my doc to bring it forward due to HA and it was 6 months early and mine came back ok xxx :) xx im 32 in cornwall xx

sahara
13-03-12, 10:11
aaah cool, still nothing in the post, gotta be good right?

Stormsky
13-03-12, 10:12
I dont think they throw away results from a smear, whether you had it early or not...
As for you doc getting results back early, that can be because your local health authority isnt that busy with smears, so can do them quicker....
They dont lie about results.... but you can book an appt with doc and go in and chat about results, get them to show you the result records they received back., and get it explaiined fully to you....

swgrl09
13-03-12, 17:01
I'm sure you can always request a copy of the report for your own records. I do that occasionally.