PDA

View Full Version : Venlaflaxin

buttins
27-06-06, 03:04
Okay, so I am in a huge depression at the moment. I haven't left the house it quite awhile, I have no job and I stopped going to college. I am on Venlaflaxin but I just ran out of pills a while ago and now I'm having horrible syptoms of dizziness and horrible anxiety. I couldn't stop crying just a little while ago and I felt like I was going to vomit at any moment. I hate going to the doctor and I just didn't go back to my psyciatrist, but I feel like I need more pills or I'll be living a horrible quality of life (no that it isn't horrible anyway). How long do you think these sympoms will last me? I can't stand it.

chedda
27-06-06, 17:30
Hia buttins,sorry to hear your feeling rough:(.I cant help a lot as im not on any medication but as far as im aware you shouldnt just stop taking any pills without the doctors advice and under his guidance.Stopping taking them can cause unwanted symptoms ans if your struggling anyway it could make it all seem so much worse.Phone your GP and ask for some advice about either gettin some more pills or advice about any withdrawal symptoms you may get coming off them quickly.
take care cheryl xx

Daisybun
27-06-06, 17:42
Hi Buttins, definitely get back to your Gp and get the meds hun as stopping without a proper withdrawal is not good for you. Sorry you feel so awful but hopefully you can get better soon with the meds and a withdrawal plan.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

polly daydream
27-06-06, 19:39
Hi Buttins, I agree with Daisybun, you should defo go back to the doctors and get some more meds, it's not good for you to go cold turkey. Don't suffer when there is no need to.

Best wishes,

Polly

Two heads
27-06-06, 20:49
Go to doc and get your meds sweet sounds like you really need them at present!If you want to come off them slowly do it then you shouldet get the horrid side affectsxxxx

nini
28-06-06, 15:01
Hi there, I am too on Effexor and just missing a dose can be hell. Plus even when people tapper off, they must do it very slowly: you just crashed your body and you are feeling the withdrawl symptoms that can be worse than the depression you had before. Go back to your doc and everything will be fine. effexor is very hard to stop and what you are feeling is well documented and known.

Big hugs, hand in there.[^]