PDA

View Full Version : New here

netminder1976
27-06-06, 04:38
Hello everyone. New here to post but not to read. I finally decided to register and say my problem. I was drinking alot to ease my anxiety and my blood pressure was averaging about 140/87. I quit drinking just over a month ago and now I fear my blood pressure is too low!! Now I average about 112/70 and get down to 100/62 sometimes in the morning. My mother has an average of about 105/65 and her doctor says that is normal for her. Is it possible that my average was always that but always higher from the drinking?? I am nervous about my heart rate too. At rest it is usually between 55 and 65.... is that bad?? I am 29 and not overweight and don't smoke. I work in construction and have 4 boys so I am pretty active.

eeyorelover
27-06-06, 05:29
Hi netminder and welcome to the site -
my blood pressure has always been low - last time I was at the docs it was 97/57 - and I've never had any probs. I would ask your doc tho just to be safe. I did some searching and found this about heartrates - resting heart rate of less than 84 is considered good (I can see everyone reading this reply hurriedly checking their pulse right now but it also says that it can vary due to many different factors - lol) - normal for an athlete is 40-60. Sounds like you are in pretty good shape then huh??!!
Hope that helps :)

netminder1976
27-06-06, 06:11
I made a mistake now and was reading up on bradycardia
and now I am panicking and am convinced that is what is wrong with me.

eeyorelover
27-06-06, 06:48
uh oh - late night googling??!! We have all done that and boy it can really freak you out huh??
just slow down your breathing, try to take your mind off it and NO MORE GOOGLING - lol
Try to get some sleep :)
take care

chucklehound
27-06-06, 09:33
Hi and welcome to NMP:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

emma chant
27-06-06, 15:30
Hi netminder,
WELCOME to no more panic.
:)
xxx

e chant

jackie
27-06-06, 15:59
sounds perfectly normal to me

glad you decided to join

jackie

JennyW
28-06-06, 09:36
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">uh oh - late night googling??!! We have all done that and boy it can really freak you out huh??
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

OMG! Yes I did this earlier in the week - ended up still googling at midnight and scaring myself to death