PDA

View Full Version : Upper Right Quadrant ache and worried

mike2512
13-03-12, 10:41
Hi, Last year i had this upper right abdominal ache for over 6 months and was terrified i had stomach cancer, I had bloods 2 abdominal ultrasounds and all came back clear and it went away in november. For the last 2 weeks it is back and i cannot focus on anything else but this ache. Iv been to the doctors and seen 2 different GPs and both arnt concerned. I have a bloods appointment this week but only for Full blood count. My CBT therepist has told me to stopped prodding and pressing the area because im making it worse. I Have got bad indigestion and acid reflux and ended up in the A+E yesterday thinking i was having a heart attack because of pain in my shoulder but thank fully i wasnt. I Have lost about 4-6 pounds in the last month and cant stop thinking i have cancer in there. Iv been going to toilet anywere from 2-5 times a day this past week but i think its because im worried. Just hope the Doctors arnt missing something i am convinced im going to die and its horrible :(

pearl79
13-03-12, 11:01
i feel for you, i feel the same, listen to your doctor and your therapist xxx :) easier said than done (i know ) xxxx
Pearl xx

mike2512
13-03-12, 12:56
Thanks Pearl, as soon as i wake up in the morning im thinking about the ache and waiting for it to come on then booom its there. :(

sissy
13-03-12, 20:44
I get that all the time. I have it for years, off and on. It's nerves. I have had tests, upper G.I. and ultrasounds. It's just anxiety. The more you worry about it the longer it hangs around. And when it aches I go to the bathroom 4 or 5 times a day. I take Dicyclomine (10mg) for it. It has no side effects (if it did I would get them, I always get the side effects) It just relaxes the nervesi n your stomach/colon. ask your doctor about it.

Mo B
13-03-12, 21:09
Hi

I had the same thing several years ago. Had all the tests and nothing found. I ended up anxious and depressed because of it and went onto Citalopram (Anti D)this helped and I found eventually I could forget about it and it went away.

I have now had to go on anti d's again because of another health issue (among other things) but the funny thing is that the upper right pain came back again as well. I was so fed up with dealing with the new symptoms that I told it to go away as I HAD ALREADY BOUGHT THAT T-SHIRT and it went away!! I know that feeling though of getting up every morning and immediately thinking of the pain and it starts straight away. You have to recognise its there, accept it and put it into the background telling yourself it no longer matters. It will go away eventually. I recommend Dr Claire Weekes book Self help for your nerves. Its old fashioned but has helped thousands of people.

It will go eventually. :)

Universal
13-03-12, 21:27
ive been on that edge countless times

i have something like this right now only my abdomen and back and ribs front and back with a funny tingling and ache you describe and went to see the doctor who thought it was nothing or acid.

went through thinking it was a cancer gall stones kidney stones especial when i read it comes in waves

i was lucky to be rid of it for a weeks only for it to return

mike2512
16-04-12, 12:58
Iv developed a new symptom in my back when I bend ore I feel a pinch but it doesn't hurt it feels weird and now I'm freaking out even more.