PDA

View Full Version : Is it to bigger step?

sam66
13-03-12, 18:26
After nearly seven months of being off work sick, to scared to go out, limiting my life by so much just because Im anxious all the time, I have a meeting with my boss on thursday, will they lay me off, I dont know.
So much scares me these days, just things not in order and safe place being as it should.
This is doing me no good meds make my situation work and no councelling has been offered in the last few months, I have worked my weight issues up to an almost healthy 8 stone, done that so many times, house clean dog well looked after, kids straight, brother still ok for now.
Perhaps its time for me to bite the bullet and go back to work, stop having panic when I leave my home, to just get on with it.
I have had years of this and always managed to see my own way through without support, well not since teenage years, tuff upper lip and carry on,
will this haunt me forever until issues are resolved, do I want to go back over them, for me its easier to say' sorryI dont remember'
perhaps throwing myself back into work, others stuff is whats best for me, any ideas?

pinkdove
13-03-12, 18:30
hi sam i feel the same as you need to get a job, want to work, but still feel to anxious.

but i think if i had a job i would push myself into going back, even on reduced hours to start with.

it;s a tough one, but whatever you decide...good luck xx

bignik
13-03-12, 18:33
I see where your coming from Sam , I get told not well enough to work and yet feel If I was at work it would be easier , If I could cope or not I dont know , a case of having to try to find out , Im getting CBT at the moment , and although I think a little progress not as much as I hoped. It brought issues to light that I thought I had forgotten , and now the gates are open my head is full of everything and anxiety still very high , I say go for it and wish you all the best

Stormsky
13-03-12, 18:34
I would go back to work, what have you got to lose? if your worried they may lay you off anyway....

sam66
13-03-12, 18:38
thanks pinkdove my job has been held for me so far, but I feel pressure to go back, I rarely leave my home for an hour what will 10 hour shifts do to me, I have bills to pay, kids to help, sitting here on my 'scared' step, bloody ell woman get a grip!

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

what if I cant cope, im scared of councelling coz that just brings up so much stuff you want to forget, and I dont want to , option 2 is go back to work, grow a pair and get on with it.
blimey its takes me half a day to consider leaving my house just to walk the dog, 10 hours, Im scared ill freak

Stormsky
13-03-12, 18:39
when you see your boss, suggest coming back for shorter shifts to start

sam66
13-03-12, 18:42
Storm I dont go out unless I have to, my home is my safe place, I cant remember the last time I went out just because I could, but is it too bigger step to go back to full time work considering I havent left my house for more than an hour in the last seven months

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

cant afford to Storm, I need to go back full time

bignik
13-03-12, 18:42
I think Stormsky's advice is good advice , whats the other options stay at home and be miserable give it a go .. nothing to lose :)

sam66
13-03-12, 18:46
bignik, slow steps are generally the best ones, at least you are making progress, wish you well hun x

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

ok, well i'll tell me doc to stop signing me off sick and just put me head between me legs and kiss my ass goodbye, coz god knows how ill deal with it, but if you all think I should then fine

bignik
13-03-12, 18:49
thats the spirit Sam :)

Stormsky
13-03-12, 18:50
Your confusing me, you say you cant leave house, and only go out for an hour, and then say its too bigger a step to go fulltime, so we suggest part time, then you say you have to go back full time, as you can afford not to... so looks like you will have to try going back to work?

sam66
13-03-12, 19:02
I dont have the option of going back part time Storm I need to go back to my 40 hour week basic, I dont leave my house and havent had for more than an hour for the last 7 months as its been my 'safe place', leaving my home for 10 hour shifts, can I do it? i dont know, my doc tells me Im not well enough to work but as part of my panic is being with people I refuse councelling and I work in retail so thats more people I have to cope with, Im just trying to put on a brave face and after years of suffering anx perhaps the help just aint out there and you have to find your own way?

Stormsky
13-03-12, 19:17
I was just saying that if you CANNOT leave the house, then going back full time will not be an option for you surely??
but you say you need to go as cant afford not to... so it is difficult decision for you im sure... you could give it a go though.... i know id rather be working than stuck home, which does me no good...

sam66
13-03-12, 19:27
perhaps I need to push myself more, well known for being very hard on myself, everyones panc is different, after months of being accused of bullying at work, inocent till proven guilty, not on my firm. doesnt make returning an easy option, but hey Im a tuff old bird

Stormsky
13-03-12, 19:28
dont be too TUFF then, you dont want to be accused of bullying again! lolxx

sam66
13-03-12, 19:31
hey get them before they get you, thats my motto in life :) x

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

I like being 'tuff', whats wrong with that?

kate89
13-03-12, 20:58
sam i reckon it'll do you good to go back to work ....it can't be doing you much good sat in the house all day everyday as it'll be giving you more time to think