PDA

View Full Version : Health anxitey over post natal depression

katie23
13-03-12, 21:53
I am so scared I have this my Health anxitey has picked up on it and I suddenly have the symptoms...

I keep obsessing I haven't bonded with the baby and becoming really anxious like 'omg I didn't say her name etc' that means I have it or I get a thought like 'oh I don't love her' then my ha picks at that and I feel anxious so I start searching posts or stories about peoples symptoms of PND and as you know I have EVERYTHING that is on that list...I've even taken online questionaires..

I don't get how I think I have it when I'm happy and keep kissing her.. but then I get this thing in the back of my head going 'oh maybe you are just tricking yourself and you do have it :doh:'

I'm fighting the temptation to run to the Dr's and ask her if I have it :wacko: Last week it was post natal physcosis until she said in a stern way 'you dont have that at all'

I keep looking for reassurance that I don't have it as well talking to people who have just had babies etc asking 'oh has it sunk in yet' and feeling desperate for them to say no and when they do it still doesn't take away this stupid fear...

Does this sound like typical health anxitey? I feel like panicy when someone even says the word I don't know what I think would happen if I did have it even!! Then when I told my friend my anxious thoughts she went oh it could be and I wanted to hide under my quilt!!

sissy
14-03-12, 00:04
Hey Katie, You have a new baby! That's wonderful! This is your first baby? I have 4 kids. After I had them my anxiety really kicked in. It's hormones. They will settle down in a month or so. I was always worried that I wasn't bonding with my baby when I brought them home. I am sure she is fine. Your doctor would have told you if there were something to worry about. You don't have post natal psychosis! You have a new baby and your nervous! Who wouldn't be? More than once my husband had to take the baby so I could go in the other room and cry. Just relax and hold your baby. You are fine!

MargaretHale
14-03-12, 10:42
Congrats on the baby!

It's hard enough having a new bubba let alone when you have HA too. All I can say is positive thoughts, don't dwell on those negative ones honey.

x

angel wings
14-03-12, 10:48
hi
if you are worried perhaps you could speak to your health visitor rather than the dr as they are more aware of the symptoms worth a try to put your mind at rest but its probably H A which can heighten after child birth.
wishing you all the best
Angel xx

Melon1
14-03-12, 11:14
Hi

You are a new anxious first time mum. I know what it is like. I suffered with PND with my first daughter and it is not a happy place to be. Please make sure that you talk with your doctor and health visitor. You will get over it and its just a little blip.

With me, I think it was the major shock and worry that I suddenly had something so delicate to look after FOREVER! and the responsibility overwhelmed me as I couldn't take her back to the shops or hand her back to the nurses!!

It is getting used to a lifestyle change. Try talking your feelings through with your partner or mum or close friend. Things will get easier. My eldest daughter is 6 now and we get on great.

Private message me if you are feeling low and I can try to help.

Helen x

katie23
14-03-12, 18:26
Hey I think people have got conffused over this post!!!

I'm AFRAID of post natal depression I don't have it :')... I'm really happy at the min but have this health anxitey about getting it!

Thanks for your help though xx

MissSunshine
14-03-12, 20:10
My Health anxiety came 3 years ago when i had my daughter about a week after i had her it came. I put it down to no sleep and hardly eating, and also the hormones changes. But the main thing was I was obsessive over bleeding! at the time i felt usless. Just tell yourself its all in your head. The fact your so clued up and worrying that you have it just shows it health anxiety, im sure if you had it you'd be so depressed and not worried. if that makes sense

anyway congrats on your baby! how was your pregnancy if you dont mind me asking? Im thinking of trying for another but now I suffer with HA its putting me off. but id love a bro or sis for my 3 year old x

katie23
14-03-12, 21:19
My pregnancy was great it's been this after bit worrying about a b and c! I knew it was going to happen though to be honest x