PDA

View Full Version : Hope i can cope!

carol1969
27-06-06, 11:07
Hi everyone,
I start college in September and i am so worried I won't cope but i keep telling myself i can't let this disease beat me. I am 36 yrs old and have suffered with G.A. and panic for 6 yrs and to be honest its totally took over my life and destroyed my personality. I never go out anymore, in fact i stay in nearly all the time. I have become a prisoner in my own home. The doctor just prescribed me cipramil a week ago and i have took it before and it does work but i know its just masking the problem. There is a two year waiting list to see a councellor. I don't want to keep putting my life on hold but i even had a panic attack at the interview to get me in college but they were very understanding. I dont know if im ready to face this. Do you think i should go!

chucklehound
27-06-06, 11:13
Hi Carol, I think it would be a massive step forward if you tried to start college in September. It will be tough at first but you will get used to it. You say you never go out, well maybe if you started just going for a little walk in the mornings or if you drive, drive to the college and just sit outside for as long as you can.
I hope it all goes well for you.

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

hayles
27-06-06, 11:25
Yes i think you should go, and yes i think you can do it.
It will be hard and you will panic, but i have faith that you will get through it and maybe even enjoy yourself!

Hay x

carlin
27-06-06, 14:58
Hi there and well done you!!! You must go for it. You have a few months to put into practice all the little things that will help, people here will advise you on that one, and read lots of old posts here too! I think you have done the right thing by explaining how you were feeling at the interview - over the years, i have found the more people i explain my problems to (not full blown details of course) the more people understand. Panic/depression is not such a taboo subject anymore, and there are lots of good people out there!!! Let the tablets help you for a while, take things slowly, one day at a time, and please keep in touch. and Good Luck!!!

PUGLETMUM
27-06-06, 15:03
hi i agree with everything said above, it will be tough, but if you can keep being nice to yourself and reminding yourself of your achievements then it will diminish.

that's okay for me to say because i would'nt go to college, although i'd like to it's too far out of my comfort zone!

but you went to that interview and you survived, maybe try to remember that you actually went, it does'nt matter that you panicked you have to ignore that and focus on your massive achievement, just keep going through it and you will succeed!!

let us know how you get on emmas

emma chant
27-06-06, 15:20
Hi carol,
I think you should go to college because it would be a massive step forward.Also take day be day at the moment.
YOU CAN DO THIS .[:X]

e chant

Daisybun
27-06-06, 20:36
Hi Carol, please give it a go. I went to a meeting yesterday and i was so nervous and anxious but it went fine and i was so pleased i did it. I'm back on citalopram too since today, i know it masks the problem but sometimes it can give you the positive boost to see tihngs in a better way and get on with life and try and tackle issues etc. i came off them easily last time too so i hope it'll be the same this time! September is still a way off and by then you should be feeling much better!

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

carol1969
28-06-06, 11:31
You have all made me feel so much more positive, i can do this if i put my mind to it and take everyday as it comes. Thanks so much for all your support. I have wanted to go to college for the last six years and every year i was going to apply but never did because of the anxiety and panic. My advice to anyone suffering with this awful disease is dont put your life on hold, i have wasted years and now i think how stupid i have been to let this disease beat me.
I know it wont be easy but my life hasnt been easy anyway!!

Thanks again and good luck to everyone!
love Carol x