PDA

View Full Version : Weight gain

kirstynic
14-03-12, 07:27
Has anybody else experienced weight gain on cipralex?

macc noodle
14-03-12, 07:51
Hey Kirsty

I think it can be a side effect but maybe yours is also connected to all your additional stresses and worries that is making your eating patterns erratic?

Has your mum heard anything yet? I am getting my results today :ohmy: fingers and toes crossed for both of us.

Sending you lots more hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Macc
xx

kirstynic
14-03-12, 10:29
Hi macc Please let me know of your results.
My mums results were normal so that's good. Tho she is still gettin a poorly tummy.

pinkdove
14-03-12, 14:14
hi yep. put on 2 stone is 2 years, now on venlafaxine, and still the weight won't shift. so i guess we are all different, some people say they lose weight on it.

all i know is i hate it, feeling so bloated xx

kirstynic
14-03-12, 16:21
Yes pink dove me to, I worked hard to get my weight down and the othe week was so stressful that I didn't eat much at all for a couple of days but still put on weight?! I also notice that since being on it I have less self control when it comes to eating. I was on citolopram and didn't put weight on with that.

grotbags
23-04-12, 19:13
I took it for about 9 months and didn't gain weight. In fact, I lost about 7lbs (which I put back on during withdrawals). I was worried about gaining weight on it too. I couldn't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe for a start. So when I made the difficult to decision to start taking Cipralex, I decided to weight myself about once a week, and if the lbs started creeping on I would then come off it. I never needed to worry though, and came off it due to other side effects.

I have heard with SSRIs that they initially tend to make one lose weight, then after a while (say, a year) one tends to gain. I'm not sure if this is true though.