PDA

View Full Version : Under arm pain

Aillie
14-03-12, 07:57
I have had since yesterday pain under left armpit. It's a dull ache and this morning had shooting pains from here going down inside of my arm. I can feel no obvious lumps etc but find myself getting increasingly more worried about it, especially as its my left breast I have issues with ( bc fear- see previous posts) looking for reassurance really, anyone else get/ had this and it turned out to be nothing?

Melon1
14-03-12, 11:00
I had this a while ago on my left side and very worried about BC. In fact it worried me for weeks and did not seem to get better. I went to the doc and she did a breast exam and said that everything was fine and it was muscular. As soon as my mind was put at rest, the symptoms magically disappeared. You have probably pulled something. Try and have a few hot baths, relax for a few days and try not to think about it. I know that is easily said than done.

Remember, you have no lumps. Dont prod and poke as you will end up making the area sore.

Really hope this helps

Helen X

Beyonderz
14-03-12, 11:20
Yes I feel the same with my left armpit (and partially left breast) lately, and freaking out a little sometimes. But then I think, I always have the same feeling from time to time and I know that if there was something serious it wouldn't do such pain (without any notable lumps) and wouldn't be that long time. At least I try to relax like that. Sometimes works, sometimes not.

But I have an appointment for smear test soon, while I'm there I'm going to ask about such sizzling pain also.

Aillie
14-03-12, 11:59
Thanks for the replies.
It's easy to focus on something and obsess about it. Maybe non HA sufferers wouldn't give this a second thought.
Here's hoping I have just pulled something. I get really annoyed now when a new ' worry' surfaces. I'm a lot better than I used to be as a while back I'd have gone straight to checking mode etc and getting mysf into a tizz.
Ah the things we put ourselves thru ....