PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a very bad day... and I'm not letting it get me down.

tiddleypom
14-03-12, 15:17
I started on new meds last week (Lyrica) and I have serious anxiety about taking meds. One of the side effects of this drug is a bit of a stoned feeling, which to me, makes me freak out.

Yesterday, I could feel that bad day coming. I don't know if any of you get that - you're basically ok, but you know that something is coming. Your chest is tight and your emotions are at the edge.

Well, today I woke up and BOOM! So much anxiety. It's been constant since I woke up. Plus, I feel out of it because of the meds, so that's adding to it.

I'm also disheartened because so many people said Lyrica zapped their anxiety and I feel like "Oh, typical, I would be the one who gets panic while I'm on it".

But then I thought "No, not letting this get to me". I've only been on the meds for less than two weeks, of course I'm getting side effects. I've had bad days before and I'm still standing (well, curled up with a blanket actually, but you know what I mean:winks: )

I've just accepted that today is a bad day. And maybe not even all of today. Maybe I'll feel better later. I have an anxiety disorder and this is a symptom, that's all.

I just wanted to let those of you having a bad day know that it doesn't need to set you back from your recovery or scare you too much. We're not well, sometimes this happens, that's all. It sucks, but it can't do anything other than feel unpleasant for a wee bit.

We just have to accept it. Not to the point that we never try to get better, but just to the point where we stop trying so hard to fight fire with fire.

If I can accept how I'm feeling right now, you can all do it too. I promise :D