PDA

View Full Version : floaty bit in wee :(

pearl79
14-03-12, 15:24
i usually have tiny floaty bit in my wee more noticable if i havent drunk much... but i just went loo and i test my wee with a dipstick almost every time so i collect a bit with a sample container (mega OCD with my HA im afraid) and i looked in it and there was a large floaty bit in there.. and with trace white cells... now i freaking out to what it was :(
I test my wee several times a day normally all normal except microscopic trace blood (one or two green dots)

Now im freaking out :(

charlotteAnne
14-03-12, 15:35
Hun, i think you need to stop testing your wee, its going to make your HA even worse.

macc noodle
14-03-12, 18:10
Pearl

The first step to your recovery is to chuck away those dipsticks - you do not need them!

Everyone gets funny little floaty bits from time to time in the bottom of the loo - it may not even be from your wee - it could have been there before and was only visible once you weed on it!!!!!

:D

michellew
14-03-12, 19:30
Those floaty bits are perfectly normal, I get them too. They're either little protein deposits or small amounts of vaginal discharge. Don't worry :) if there was something wrong you would have a significant amount of blood or else abnormally dark urine.

pearl79
14-03-12, 19:36
so a few tiny green spots on my dipstick isnt cause for concern? x

michellew
14-03-12, 19:46
Not a cause for concern, no! Could mean a slight urinary tract infection, which girls are very prone to getting, but unless you get pain or noticable blood in the urine then you're ok. I'm no doctor but I'm a biochem student and I've used dipsticks in the lab, even trace amounts of glucose (which show up occasionally in everyone's urine) can cause green dots. :)

pearl79
14-03-12, 19:55
its been on goin for a year... Always a trace.. don't understand why my doc isn't worried cuz I also get constant low back ache... I've been to lots of docs who arnt concerned. but if any is found in my next urine sample sent to lab they will do a camera in my bladder...
why am I so concerned and no one else is..
also Michelle.. does glucose cause the blood square to get green dots or green dots on the glucose square xxxx

michellew
14-03-12, 22:42
The glucose would cause green spots on the glucose square but remember that these things aren't always accurate, particularly if they're not carried out in a lab environment. Although red blood cells are generally too large to pass through the walls of the filtering centre in the kidneys, they can certainly occasionally pass through in trace amounts that would only be detected in biochemical tests and are nothing to be concerned about. The lower back ache could be from stress, as the kidneys are located more towards the middle back, at the sides. If you experience stabs of pain then it could be an infection and I would ask your doctor to get the camera done, just to reassure you if anything! I know its scary and you can feel really lonely when no one understands why you are so concerned but try not to worry about this one :) x

pearl79
15-03-12, 19:20
I have high white cells in my wee stick.. only every now and again.. and tiny spots of bloods.
my question is why have I got them... I'm frightened I have a tumor somewhere in my urinary tract... blood cells white cells...
not all the Time which I think is confusing
sorry to go on about it
I'm just so scared
pearl x

mikewales
15-03-12, 19:25
Hi Pearl, have merged this with your previous post on the same subject from yesterday. In future, please do not start a new thread on the same subject, just add questions to the previous one

emmalrob
15-03-12, 20:55
Do you notice your low back ache more during your monthly cycle as you may have a tilted womb which is nothing to worry about it's just the way some women are, I have a tilted womb and it cause back discomfort.

swgrl09
15-03-12, 21:08
Emmalrob - I have that too! I know exactly what you're referring to. Thought it was weird, but my doc just said its like being left handed or right handed.

pearl79
15-03-12, 21:57
as a matter of fact I do... its flopped forward and it rests on my bladder.
I've only noticed this ache for about 6 months tho...
I also have three kids 12.4 and 2. and was only 4 months ago I was told it was tipped...
I'm also left handed ha ha ha!!!

pearl x

emmalrob
15-03-12, 22:53
Mine is tilted right back, so when pregnant both my kids were lying against my spine. I get floaters in my urine everytime. I have a cervical erosion which just means I have excess cells around the lining of my cervix so I get excess mucous and now n again small spots of blood when its knocked. It's nothing to worry about just one of those things

pearl79
16-03-12, 19:17
hi all.
Been to the docs today and the sample I gave in to send to the lab came back negative for red blood cells... so He's saying he reckons my kidneys are leaking small amounts of hemoglobin. So he's told me to put the issue to bed now..
xxx
Pearl xx

Em.ma
16-03-12, 19:55
pleased for you.
is he going to help you with your HA as thats what needs to be addressed x

Em.ma
17-03-12, 20:47
hope your feeling better today pearl ha is rough x

pearl79
17-03-12, 21:10
I hate Ha... more than anything... it has and is ruining everything...
hope ur ok Emma xxxx and hope ur day has been kind x

Em.ma
17-03-12, 21:10
I agree it really does :( x it can onlyget better though.
Not had a good day but thanks for asking x :)

pearl79
17-03-12, 21:12
are u ok? anything you wanna chat about? xx be calm but strong xx

Em.ma
17-03-12, 21:27
just feeling rotten and stressed out lol x
if we are born again i want to come back something other than a human being lol
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=111895&page=2
its all here what im stresed over.
ps have you given up the dip sticks and are you ok with the issue now x?

pearl79
17-03-12, 21:34
im alot calmer than i was,,, because the doctor was extremely reassuring xx i'll always find something to stress about tho im sure...

i'll read up on your probs xx

Pearl x

Em.ma
17-03-12, 21:37
unfortunatly the nature of HA (most times) is once you have reasurance on something you'll mind starts obsessing over something else. it's horrible.
i have some really good days then once every few weeks something comes up and bang im back again x
emma :)

Savannah
18-03-12, 02:14
You have to stop testing your urine. I don't think you're a doctor so you're not trained to be diagnosing yourself. All you're doing is fueling your health anxiety.

Any of us could have fluctuations in our urine, but we wouldn't know. It's the same with blood results, we all have changes depending on many things but we don't know because we don't test it all of the time.

Tests just fuel anxiety so should only be done if ordered by your doctor. Trust them.

K1rsty
24-04-12, 09:51
Hi Pearl, Please throw your urine test strips away as others have said they are fueling your worry. You are only torturing yourself every time you test it. Where did you get them from? xx

pearl79
24-04-12, 09:54
Got them online.. Same make as in docs xx 8 quid

K1rsty
24-04-12, 10:01
Please don't waste your money anymore - treat yourself to something nice with the £8. You be in control and when you are ready choose not to torture yourself anymore xxx