PDA

View Full Version : Strange night time sensations

oldtime
14-03-12, 17:42
I have suffered from health anxiety for several years and really feel that I am now over it. I have been on the whole anxiety and panic free for over a year. But there is one thing that I am still plagued with.

At night about once a week I get restless toss and turn, for a few hours then I start getting strange physical symptoms.

Numbness down my left hand side, sometimes pain from my face to my foot. Feeling uneasy, disorientated and anxious. It seems to happen if I lie on my side and goes away if I stand up.

My health anxiety kinda worries about my heart, but I work out regularly in the gym with no problem, I've had ecg's and the like. So it can't be.

I think it is a trapped nerve in my back / neck and my anxiety kicks in and exaggerates it.

clairabella
14-03-12, 18:14
I dont have any ansewers for you other than im going through a similar thing. I have a weakness down my left side with twitching...i too have been doing really well and havnt had any panic attacks for 7 months....this is why i cant understand these new sensations....theyve happened out of the blue and its scaring the pants off me!!Maybe we are still hyper sensitive to changes within our bodies and it takes time to settle down.I just hope mine resolves quickley before i go into full panic mode again!
Stay positive it probley is just a trapped nerve...:)

michellew
14-03-12, 19:57
Even when you feel as though your anxiety has gone away it can rear its head at any time, unfortunately! Muscle tension in the shoulders can cause trapped nerves, but the restlessness, numbness and shooting pains in the face are typical anxiety symptoms that probably don't even have an organic cause. I find I notice my symptoms a lot more at night and it becomes all I can think about, which I think is something typical of health anxiety. If it continues over a long period of time or you notice new symptoms then see a doctor, otherwise just try to remember that you don't have anything seriously wrong with you!