PDA

View Full Version : is panic worse when your unwell?

Rach29
14-03-12, 18:54
Just wondering if anyone feels more anxious/panicky when there not well got a really bad head cold on friday still not 100% now and boom after doing well not worring i wake up anxiety on a high and panic attacks:ohmy: was doing so well too i know ill be fine but really hate feeling so anxious all day i hope for a better day tomorrow :)

Justin1973
16-03-12, 18:47
Hi, in my experience, being unwell aggrivates my axniety. I was coming down with a chest infection last year. I was going to go out for the day as I didn't feel that bad I needed to stay indoors, not yet at that point anyway. I went in the taxi but didn't make the venue as I had a panic attack. I was very worried about coughing a lot at the venue and desturbing people. I had been feeling off for the last few days before the day of going to this venue. In hindsight, I'd been better off cancelling as I was obviously coming down with a chest infection.

So, when these things happen, it's best to take a break from all the hard work we do to recover. The CBT work, or whaterver it is will be there waiting for when you're over the virus. There's no point when you're ill and recovering from anxiety and the stress of being under the weather hampers recovery. Hope you get better soon and can get back on track :)

Kendra
16-03-12, 19:36
Hi Rach,

Yeah I always feel worse when feeling ill. I am also worse when I am tired or haven't eaten properly for a few days!!

Hope you are feeling better now! x x

Rach29
16-03-12, 20:36
Thankyou im feeling much better and im the same Kendra if im tired :) thanks for your replys

AngelHeart
16-03-12, 23:11
Yes deffo for me too, especially when I'm feeling tired, it really vamps up then. Hope your ok xx