PDA

View Full Version : Terrified for my mother! :'(

Mark801
15-03-12, 02:24
Hello everyone.

Right now, I have intense anxiety for my mother and the sad thing is she's not worried one bit. It all happened last week Wednesday when she went to the airport to see my cousin off at the airport.

She was walking down the escalator and somehow she tripped down the last four steps. She's not overweight neither is she slender. She fell on her side and basically all of her weight fell on her ankle and she twisted it.

She came home that evening with her ankle swollen like a golf ball. As of now her ankle swelling has went down but her foot and lower leg is slightly swollen and my cousin who is a nurse said that its because there's fluid from the cartilage that causes that.

But I'm terrified that my mom has blood clots in her legs. I mean her leg isn't discolored and I keep asking her if she feels shortness of breath or if she has chest pains but she says that she's fine. The only thing bothering her is when she puts weight on her foot as she walks.

My dad and I finally convinced her to go to the ER but she won't go until the morning. Please I'm begging for some advice here. Could a fall like tat cause blood clots or am I overreacting?

nomorepanic
15-03-12, 02:44
I think you are over reacting and she will be fine to be honest

If there is no pain in the leg and no heat and she does not feel sick or ill she will be fine

Mark801
15-03-12, 02:54
Thanks so much Nicola for taking the time to respond. I always overreact when it comes to my mom. She's the one person who understands my anxiety and I feel like I don't want nothing bad to happen to her because she's on of the very few people who can calm me down during my anxiety.

I know I must sound ridiculous but I'm worried for her. She's finally agreed to go to the ER tomorrow morning so that's good. I'm just hoping my cousin is right.

As far as she told me, there's no pain unless she puts pressure on it(walking) so I guess that's normal under the circumstances.

There's no heat and she doesn't feel ill at all. She's looking at me like I'm crazy when I'm asking her questions so I guess she's fine.