PDA

View Full Version : In such a state this morning

GirlAfraid23
15-03-12, 09:53
I have pains in my lower right side alongside frequent need to empty my bladder. The ovarian cancer fear has been present for months now & the symptoms seem to be getting progressively worse.
I am feeling a fullness in my abdomen but i haven't lost my appetite.

I'm on the pill so don't ovulate and cant blame it on that.
I'm 22 but Im convinced I won't see my 25th birthday and i will lose my ovaries so I won't be able to have children and that makes me sad.
I'm thinking about paying for a private scan to here it done quicker.

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

*get it

---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

Yesterday the pain felt like a stitch and sometimes its in both ovary sides which makes me think its spread

pearl79
15-03-12, 09:56
its difficult isnt it, once you get somethin in your head.
I really cant imagine you have OC. What is your diet like? Try not to focus on your wee, you will only wee more. I know this cuz im currently have a really bad OCD in my wee.
Does your doc think you need a scan?? xx

GirlAfraid23
15-03-12, 13:14
It's the pain in the side thats bothering me the most.
My doc knows I have health anxiety so doesnt take me seriously.

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

What do you all think I should do?

pearl79
15-03-12, 13:18
go to a different doctor... mine dont take me seriously but ive gone on and on at them and so they looked into it... ive always got right sided pain.. had it for months xxx

Does it sting when you wee?

michellew
15-03-12, 15:43
I had the same thing and it turned out to be a sensitivity to my own ovulation, but if you are on the pill it could mean a benign cyst! Frequent urination is a symptom of anxiety that could be there because you are worried, I get that when I'm at my most worried. if your doctor won't refer you for an ultrasound then you're better off getting a second opinion: its unprofessional of him to just assume its anxiety-related without ruling out anything else.

GirlAfraid23
15-03-12, 18:11
Do you think it would be worth me going provate to get an ultrasound done quicker? No idea how much that would cost though.

Can I just say, I get the pain on both sides, could I have ovarian cancer on both ovaries?

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

its difficult isnt it, once you get somethin in your head.
I really cant imagine you have OC. What is your diet like? Try not to focus on your wee, you will only wee more. I know this cuz im currently have a really bad OCD in my wee.
Does your doc think you need a scan?? xx

My diet isn't brilliant but isn't awful either

michellew
15-03-12, 20:38
It would be fairly expensive to go private! Are your periods normal and regular or have they changed in the past few months? If you've noticed them changing in frequency/flow then it might be worth checking out private healthcare: Its probably nothing serious but just to reassure you at least! :) But IMO if your doctor is refusing to refer you for a scan or ultrasound, going to a completely new doctor for a second opinion is the way to go: If you really want things done quicker perhaps don't mention straight away that you suffer from health anxiety, I find that some doctors can be very passive and quick to diagnose it as 'just another anxiety symptom' once they find this out, which can be frustrating even if they do end up being right.

And you don't have ovarian cancer. Regardless of what the internet says, its largely asymptomatic and is one of the least common causes of ovary pain!

swgrl09
15-03-12, 21:12
Another possibility is that it is just something musculoskeletal... I get side pain a lot because of my hips and the way I sit at work all day. Getting up, doing specific hip stretches has helped a lot, but I have to make sure I do it or else I'll be in a lot of pain.

GirlAfraid23
15-03-12, 22:45
I do work on my feet all day in retail.

Tonight I have a lot of wind which is in turn giving me pain in my sides. (TMI)
I have suffered with gas issues for many years since I was a child actually. But i know an increase in symptoms like these can = OC

Does anyone think its likely to get cancer in both ovaries?

Michelle in answer to you: I only have a withdrawal bleed because I am on the pill. But its regular and the same as always in flow

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

I meant pelvic and groin pain with the wind

hazy
16-03-12, 12:07
At the height of my HA and panic attacks I had absolutely convinved myself I had OC and still from time to time have bought of terror when I feel a twinge, ache or pain. A lady I new of who lived near me died of it and she was only 30 and it was horrendous. This triggered for me that I had it, I got so worried that I had my meriva coil removed, smear test, ultrasound scan and eventually a Gynachologist appointment, all tests were clear and there was nothing to worry about, but why then did I constantly have this ache in my lower back and constant dull period pains. This went on for months and months, until I moved from the area I was living and gave up my side line job as a cleaner, remarkably my back ache stopped and I was amazed and have put it down to lifting heavy things on a daily basis, I would be lugging upstairs full mop bucket in one hand and a Dyson Vac in the other, no wonder I had these pains and now whenever I get these pains I try and track back to what I have been doing recently, I have felt like that recently then reaslised that on Sunday I had lugged a sofa from one room to another and tables and chairs, no wonder.

My point being, are you straining yourself somehow, are you sitting in the wrong position for long periods of time, anaylze your daily movements and see? Alternatively make an appointment with your Doctor and take a urine sample for him/her to test in case of an infection.

You are fine, stop worrying as with HA ANY ache or pain is hugely esculated when you are constantly thinking about it, if you didn't suffer from HA would you be worried, is it so exscruiating that you can't function every day, if so then you need to go to the Doc's to have your mind put at ease.

xxxx:bighug1:

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

Try this to:

http://www.ovarian.org.uk/media/8812/symptom_diary.pdf

xxxx

GirlAfraid23
16-03-12, 15:45
Thank you Hazy.

When I read the part about the 30 year old dying from it I did feel instantly sick to my stomach, I'll be honest.

This is my biggest fear and to make things worse I know full well that its a "silent killer". It doesn't run in my family (that I know of) and neither does breast or any other type of cancer.
Its not an unbearable pain that stops me from getting on with daily life but it is a dull, niggling pain in my lower abdomen, pelvis and lower back at times. Also my groin area is abit painful too.

I do participate in alot of heavy lifting at work but I'm not sure I can put the pains down to this.
I'm so stressed out about other things going on in my life that this is the last thing I need really.
I emailed my local private BUPA hospital requesting the amount it would cost me for an ultrasound/scan of my ovaries but no reply as yet.
I keep feeling sick that I won't be able to have children or worse I will be dead before I'm 25 as I mentioned in the post above.
I feel like getting pregnant now so if there was a problem at least I would have a child earlier rather than later and fulfil that ambition.
I keep panicking that it has spread and I have left it too late.

Nobody answered this query last time but could you get cancer in both ovaries? is it likely i have?
And could these discomforts be pill related?

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

I also know its often confused with IBS

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Well I'm pretty much convinced I have it.
What with a chesty cough that is unrelenting despire being on antibiotics & all other symptoms.
I'm going to get appointment at docs Tuesday.

GirlAfraid23
17-03-12, 14:41
Getting Sharp pains in pelvis today.

Does anyone know if using your laptop on your lap can cause ovarian cancer/any other type as I do it a lot ! Oh and pain in both sides of pelvis