PDA

View Full Version : back from vacation

aldupre
27-06-06, 16:14
Wow, I had a WONDERFUL time seeing my family. I was able to see with my own VERY discerning eyes that my parents are okay. I got to see my new 5 week old nephew and all of the rest of my godchildren and niece. All was pretty much right with the world. I still have some vertigo, but I'm dealing with it. But, here's a new one...the whole trip people kept commenting that I was limping/dragging one of my legs. Of course, I started FREAKING out about this. If it's not one thing.... On a good note, my handwriting got a lot better (probably because I was so focused on the walking issue). So, I have a question for all of you vertigo sufferers....does/has it ever affected your walking? I know that I walk a good bit slower now beacuase I'm afraid of falling. Also, my necessity to wear cute, vertically challenged shoes doesn't help [:P]. I kept telling people that I walked weird to compensate for the vertigo, but now I'm beginning to wonder and of course freak out. I would appreciate any replies. I really missed this board while I was away, but I didn't have computer access for much of the trip. Hope everyone is doing well!

April

nomorepanic
30-06-06, 19:25
Oh wow

How lovely to hear that you had a fab time.

When I suffered with dizziness I used to hang on to things to steady myself. I can't remember to be honest if I limped or not.

Nicola

expecto patronum
02-07-06, 18:22
Glad to hear you had a good time on holiday and ur vertigo is getting better :) I'm having vertigo/giddiness myself and its pretty much constant, have u got any advice about coping and how did you manage to make yours better? Thanks, Ros.

aldupre
02-07-06, 23:39
Hi Rossie,
Mine isn't really better that much. However, most people experience great relief with physical therapy. It didn't help me that much, but I only went 3 times and it's helped everyone else TONS. Lucky for me, my vertigo isn't debilitating and just makes me feel a little off banlance or I'd be in a lot more trouble. Hope this helps! The exercises are called Copley maneuvers and Cawthorne exercises (I think, thoguh the spelling may be wrong). Hope you feel better soon.

April

expecto patronum
03-07-06, 09:35
Thanks, I'll look those up

Piglet
03-07-06, 10:23
Glad you had such a good time - that must have given your confidence a boost.

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

chucklehound
03-07-06, 11:00
Hi, glad you had such a good time!:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx